Traxxax T-Max & Revo

Kainedogg

Registered
How many of you guys here own a nitro powered R/C vehicle? I have a T-Max 2.5, Revo 2.5R, TC3, 4-Tec 2.5, Ofna LX, and a RC-10GT. I think I just blew the motor on the T-Max, running it lean for max hp. Maybe time for a 3.3 swap.

My buddy had a T-maxx. That thing was a BLAST to mess around with. Thats all I have to say about that:poke:

I had the Jato 2.5, now have the Revo 3.3 and the Slayer 3.3

Traxxas is the way to go, love the electric starter function~!~

Traxxas also has the upgrade option on their website and you can trade in the old blown motor either on the website or at your local shop and get 50% (I believe) off a new motor.

3.3 upgrade is a good way to go, much more power than the 2.5~!~

You can do a Picco or other, but some are very pricey upgrades (but worth it)~!~
If you go with one of the other upgrades, you'll probably need to replace your back plate unless you want a pull start, and then be sure to match up your crank shaft length etc. Sometimes can be a royal PITA~!~

I like the drop in replacements myself

"I think I just blew the motor on the T-Max" ---- Do you no longer have any compression pop if you roll the fly wheel with your finger~?~

Last edited:
Can we get some pics fellas????

I use to have an old RC10. But it was electric. Fast as ballz though.

I have the first 3.3 tmaxx with reverse...love it. Bought the Jato 3.3 wich is very fast but not as fun... sold it recently. Definately go with the 3.3 motor...:thumbsup: Do the motor swap from Traxxas...

Everyone loves pics...:thumbsup:

0928091156.jpg

0928091157b.jpg

39 and more toys than a 5 year old~!~

The Jato is fun to bash but really takes a lot of practive (and throttle control) to harnish the power and keep it straight in a race~!~

100_1614.jpg

100_1615.jpg

jato 001.jpg

jato 002.jpg

jato 003.jpg

jato 004.jpg

Revo with a Picco 26 Max, Jato, 2 @ Mayhems, a Turmoil, a Mini Losi, Blade CX, and an electric F4U Corsair. I have upgraded the electronics to Spektrum so I can back the throttles down for the kiddos. Best investment ever in the electronics with young kids.

Years ago I had some Brian Kinwald Losi XXX something or another. Just not enough time in the day for those (maintenance etc.) so 'off it went'. Actually traded it for some custom Spider (P-Ball marker) and that too went by the wayside.

While it lasted it sure was fun!

my 10 yr old son has the Traxxas T-Maxx classic with the 2.5 racing engine, i have the rc10gt Associated stadium truck 2 wheel drive its a blast to drive and a Mugen MBX6 1/8th scale buggy.

more power with a supercharged 2.5, faster car too. so i've been told anyway.

Never had a gas RC vehicle. Used to race RC10s in the dirt and even converted it to an onroad truck for a while. Mostly did a lot of carpet racing with an RC10L pan car.
Had a blast with them for about 6 years, until finally all the area tracks closed and it all went by the wayside.

more power with a supercharged 2.5, faster car too. so i've been told anyway.

Maaan those superchargers are wicked~!~

I would not have one on my car though...too hard to keep in tune~!~

Have you seen the twin supercharger twin motor set ups~?~ Talking about a tuning nightmare...LoL

Supposed to create 5hp~!~

I have a T Max, Savage, OFNA Buggy, Cen and a XTM. That was two or three hobbies ago. Have not run them in years. Built a pretty gnarly track in the back field.

I've got a brand new in the box Sirio engine 1.8 drop in for a T Max and a XTM 24.7 Pro engine new in the box if anyone is interested PM me.

I'm still staring at an HPI 5T. Their 1/5 scale gas engined truck... I've got a lossi Mini-T in the garage right now otherwise I've had all sorts of cars and trucks over the years.

Very First was an associated RC10, That was the bomb, wish I still had the old thing.

Nice to know so many of my brothers have experienced the joy of nitro. As soon as I posted the original, I got home and fired up the Nitro 4Tec. I have geared down to about 50mph. Long story short, I missed my turn (converted to RWD) power slid into the curb. Never seen so much carnage on a miniature level :laugh: I did the test and compression is good, so now I am stumped. Maybe its time to tinker with the low speed settings on the carb. It won't even turn over....maybe the electric motor is shot

Back