request - why the heck a turbo ?

Berlin Germany

Registered
hey folks

seriously the question above grew up to me - hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

because that huge amount of money that would be necessary for.

my !!! thoughts

the original busa is that fast in acceleration, that even the fastest cars leave behind whatever type they are
okay - a bugatti veyron with his 1500 hp´s or so could have a chance but non else.

what serial car can make the 0-80 mph in less than 3 seconds?

and which car driver can leave a well , up to best , trained busa rider behind while the 0-80 doing ???

99.9% of all of them have no clue how to use the car at its best - so none of em. (midfinger up :lol:)

even those with an automatic trans think it would be enough to kick down to get a busa behind :rofl:

and where are the roads with not! radar-pistol armed cops in the us , canada or elsewhere outside the partly german unlimited autobahns ? nowhere i guess !

and even here in germany with its sometimes unlimited "autobahn" (highway) there is only a little chance to get the feeling of max. speed.
my buddy with his ~ 400 hp turbo armed gen1 didn´t yet reach the max because at 346 km/h (gps measured) he had to stop the acc. and to slow down because a car moved to his lane.

another buddy of mine, at the end of day, was always no1 at the 1/4 mile track with his totally standard gen1 busa :)
only one single rule (in his group) : standards only permitted / no turbo etc allowed

so again my question - why to install a turbo?

if as a "nice to have" ? okay !
if as a chance to get far over 330 km/h on a legal street like at our´s here ? okay too ;)

but if watching the enormous costs seriously ? no, thanks - THAT bunch of money i would spend elsewhere

mir_geht_ein_licht_auf.gif
perhaps for an on demand outfolding wheelie bar and some more teeth at the rear sprocket to crack the 2.9 sec with a standard busa ?

LOL

I have too many irons in the fire, so I don’t have time to make my Hayabusa a hobby. Life is too short, I will never get to do all the things I wish to.

But if the Hayabusa was my main hobby, a turbo would just be part of the fun.

So in short, a lot of folks enjoy tinkering, modifying, playing on the strip, doing the mile as fast as they can and the Busa is an ideal platform for that.

hey folks

seriously the question above grew up to me - hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

because that huge amount of money that would be necessary for.

my !!! thoughts

the original busa is that fast in acceleration, that even the fastest cars leave behind whatever type they are
okay - a bugatti veyron with his 1500 hp´s or so could have a chance but non else.

what serial car can make the 0-80 mph in less than 3 seconds?

and which car driver can leave a well , up to best , trained busa rider behind while the 0-80 doing ???

99.9% of all of them have no clue how to use the car at its best - so none of em. (midfinger up :lol:)

even those with an automatic trans think it would be enough to kick down to get a busa behind :rofl:

and where are the roads with not! radar-pistol armed cops in the us , canada or elsewhere outside the partly german unlimited autobahns ? nowhere i guess !

and even here in germany with its sometimes unlimited "autobahn" (highway) there is only a little chance to get the feeling of max. speed.
my buddy with his ~ 400 hp turbo armed gen1 didn´t yet reach the max because at 346 km/h (gps measured) he had to stop the acc. and to slow down because a car moved to his lane.

another buddy of mine, at the end of day, was always no1 at the 1/4 mile track with his totally standard gen1 busa :)
only one single rule (in his group) : standards only permitted / no turbo etc allowed

so again my question - why to install a turbo?

if as a "nice to have" ? okay !
if as a chance to get far over 330 km/h on a legal street like at our´s here ? okay too ;)

but if watching the enormous costs seriously ? no, thanks - THAT bunch of money i would spend elsewhere

mir_geht_ein_licht_auf.gif
perhaps for an on demand outfolding wheelie bar and some more teeth at the rear sprocket to crack the 2.9 sec with a standard busa ?
It's not a top speed thing at all.

There's plenty of them where I live. You don't need to worry about the cops as much as you do the deer. With a turbo, you can go as fast as you did with a NA bike but you don't need to traverse as much ground. The risk of someone seeing you is smaller.

Turbo why not?? Have you got to the point where the power on your busa is not that exciting? Do you want your bike to be faster than a new liter bike? Have you ever had some one walk up to your NA busa and ask is it turbo then walk away. Lol ya that happened to me.
Your correct it’s not practical but a lot of things we do in life are not also.
I agree it’s not about top speed with me I have seen 160-170 a few times but no desire to top it out. That is the question I always hear that just pisses me off how fast will it go. I always respond 65mph.

I would want to top it out! I've done 180 short shifting a 1000 rpm or so and not WOT until 6th gear to be sure my quickshifter didn't miss. It was close to full power though. It took a heck of a lot of road to hit 180. Maybe a full mile. The thing is the accelleration isn't as great over 160 mph. With a turbo, I'd expect it would keep pulling hard up to 180 mph and maybe faster. I know I don't want to try that on public roads anymore but even getting up to 120 noticeably quicker would be a blast! Sure, it's fast enough stock but I'll always take faster!

I would want to top it out! I've done 180 short shifting a 1000 rpm or so and not WOT until 6th gear to be sure my quickshifter didn't miss. It was close to full power though. It took a heck of a lot of road to hit 180. Maybe a full mile. The thing is the accelleration isn't as great over 160 mph. With a turbo, I'd expect it would keep pulling hard up to 180 mph and maybe faster. I know I don't want to try that on public roads anymore but even getting up to 120 noticeably quicker would be a blast! Sure, it's fast enough stock but I'll always take faster!
Thats 202% true.. on a non turbo, honestly it feels like its taking forever to hit the top speed ;)

Thats 202% true.. on a non turbo, honestly it feels like its taking forever to hit the top speed ;)
The length of time spent doing something extremely illegal and the distance is what scares me and not in a good way. I have no fear of the speed, it's fear of getting caught or as is the case now, the likelihood of a deer or turkey hopping out into the road.

(...) Have you got to the point where the power on your busa is not that exciting? (...)
even at our unlimited highways not really
ok, once i had a test ride (after a repair session) at my buddy´s 400 hp gen1 and its acc. was really exiting up to freaking out a bit
but when I'm (preferably) on a country road, there shouldn't be a car that I can't pass with my standard ´00 busa. ;)
(...) Do you want your bike to be faster than a new liter bike? (...)
if
a - on the country road
b - on the (cornered) race track (the 1/4 etc i never do)
that 1-liter bike, or much better said its rider ;) , is faster than me (at my age of near 63)
i get the impulse to get a lot more training for me to catch the last 1/10 of a second ;)

ok ok ;) there always is one who is faster than you (me) but i keep on trying to keep their number as low as possible :lol:
and for that ever lasting trying i changed my busa´s behavior to a maximum of agility including the wider sb-bar AND the downgrade in the rear to the slimmer 180/55 on a 5.5x17 to be faster at the same lean angle as the others with their "fat" 190´s or 200´s.

so "armed" i still can show most of them
where "the frog wears his hair"
as we say picturally here ;) :lol:

that applies to me alone !

others maybe hit the highway only and then a turbo ... ;)

but me on the highway ?
i usually use the country road for 99.9 % and ignore the highways
except i have to do a trip over 300 km to reach my destination.
but then my "limit" is around 160 km/h and then ... ;)

I find my bike has more than enough power for me and the power of a turbo would be wasted on me.

My bike is set up pretty well right now and I find it is just right for everyday riding.

I can see the allure of a turbo bike though as there's something to be said when you have a "beast" ready to unleash at any time....

The length of time spent doing something extremely illegal and the distance is what scares me and not in a good way. I have no fear of the speed, it's fear of getting caught or as is the case now, the likelihood of a deer or turkey hopping out into the road.
True...

These bikes are a beast you have to control. I’ve only hit 180 non aspirated on my miles per hour gauge, I know there is some error there but I couldn’t wait to slow down. I definitely would not mind having a turbo on it. You don’t have to use it all the time, you can just do the same miles per hour you did but only quicker. It’s nice to know you got the back up, it’s nice to know you have it four extra magazines in your flak jacket in case somebody wants to play. I will do it some day. Need a front tire first lol. Priorities

even at our unlimited highways not really
ok, once i had a test ride (after a repair session) at my buddy´s 400 hp gen1 and its acc. was really exiting up to freaking out a bit
but when I'm (preferably) on a country road, there shouldn't be a car that I can't pass with my standard ´00 busa. ;)

if
a - on the country road
b - on the (cornered) race track (the 1/4 etc i never do)
that 1-liter bike, or much better said its rider ;) , is faster than me (at my age of near 63)
i get the impulse to get a lot more training for me to catch the last 1/10 of a second ;)

ok ok ;) there always is one who is faster than you (me) but i keep on trying to keep their number as low as possible :lol:
and for that ever lasting trying i changed my busa´s behavior to a maximum of agility including the wider sb-bar AND the downgrade in the rear to the slimmer 180/55 on a 5.5x17 to be faster at the same lean angle as the others with their "fat" 190´s or 200´s.

so "armed" i still can show most of them
where "the frog wears his hair"
as we say picturally here ;) :lol:

that applies to me alone !

others maybe hit the highway only and then a turbo ... ;)

but me on the highway ?
i usually use the country road for 99.9 % and ignore the highways
except i have to do a trip over 300 km to reach my destination.
but then my "limit" is around 160 km/h and then ... ;)
HI. AH to 0 to 180 in 4 sec or to go 0 to 233.64 in 6.300 sec! or for me to try to go 280 MPH on a street legal and street ridden bike. For around $100000.00.

These bikes are a beast you have to control. I’ve only hit 180 non aspirated on my miles per hour gauge, I know there is some error there but I couldn’t wait to slow down. I definitely would not mind having a turbo on it. You don’t have to use it all the time, you can just do the same miles per hour you did but only quicker. It’s nice to know you got the back up, it’s nice to know you have it four extra magazines in your flak jacket in case somebody wants to play. I will do it some day. Need a front tire first lol. Priorities
I note this is your first post-welcome....

If you plan on hanging around perhaps take a trip over tot he new owner's thread and introduce yourself and your steed...

Reactions: Zee
Back