Trauma time...first pair of glasses....

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
well being a charter member of the FOG group.. it finally happened.. my normal 20/15 vision is slipping and I hate it..

SO... off to the eye guy... (or in this case a 5'2 Asian beauty :whistle: )

I had no idea what I was in for...

My eye got a blowjob.. wierd...
eyedrops made from drano juice? crap I am starting to see better already
$500 for glasses? I can damn near see through doors now..

6000 frames to pick from?
4 types of lenses with 4 coatings? HOWMUCH!!!!!!! (just hit the floor)

no idea what all this "High Index" crap is about so I am doing instant research on my stupid phone.... $49-$300 so I went middle of the road with Nikon lenses.. (I recognized the name at least) and got these 1.67 index things...

"Jim" the guy I thought was a customer turns out to be my assistant now.. I have never seen anyone take glasses off or on someone with such finesse I swear! he gliding pairs off and on me and adjusting things without so much as a bump.. guy should do brain surgery with that steady hand..

anyway between him and Karen, I got glasses, lenses and a $503 bill... no more totting my "readers" around anymore they said... these are full time..

old sucks.... (hope the eye doctor is still as cute with glasses on)

i haven't been able to see things for the last 30 years!:laugh:
:welcome: to the blind people group! soon it will be BIFOCal glasses!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
awww no pics as of yet... Sams club was like $230 cheaper than all the "big box" eyeglass stores but you gotta wait 10 days or so for them to come back..

Pearl, Lenscrafters and one other were all way more pricey for the same thing..

I thought Nikon made camera lenses... you must be needing some serious glasses... :rofl:

Well fine... I get my annual eyeball blow-job at work in a few weeks. That always freaks me out.

I always hate the glaucoma (blow job) test too.
I'm far sighted, can't focus on anything closer than 6 feet away, beyond that it's just fine. Tri-focals for me, for about 12 years now.
Oh yes.. the joys of getting old.:(

I always hate the glaucoma (blow job) test too.
I'm far sighted, can't focus on anything closer than 6 feet away, beyond that it's just fine. Tri-focals for me, for about 12 years now.
Oh yes.. the joys of getting old.:(
yep, but my limit is about 3 ft now.. they built the readers in for me also (no line trifocal?).. dunno.. but I hope this helps the "halo" thing I have been getting at night... I think this thing says +1.00 and +1.25 with 1.50 reader

Damn Bogus, that was a fatal mistake!

Now you can see what those women you've been hanging out with "REALLY" look like!

:fire:

what sucks guy, is when there is enough wind inside your brain bucket to shift your glasses you are trying to get used too, went through it all day today. dave

Yup, gettin' old stinks.....try contacts, I personally like them much better.

well being a charter member of the FOG group.. it finally happened.. my normal 20/15 vision is slipping and I hate it..

SO... off to the eye guy... (or in this case a 5'2 Asian beauty :whistle: )

I had no idea what I was in for...

My eye got a blowjob.. wierd...
eyedrops made from drano juice? crap I am starting to see better already
$500 for glasses? I can damn near see through doors now..

6000 frames to pick from?
4 types of lenses with 4 coatings? HOWMUCH!!!!!!! (just hit the floor)

no idea what all this "High Index" crap is about so I am doing instant research on my stupid phone.... $49-$300 so I went middle of the road with Nikon lenses.. (I recognized the name at least) and got these 1.67 index things...

"Jim" the guy I thought was a customer turns out to be my assistant now.. I have never seen anyone take glasses off or on someone with such finesse I swear! he gliding pairs off and on me and adjusting things without so much as a bump.. guy should do brain surgery with that steady hand..

anyway between him and Karen, I got glasses, lenses and a $503 bill... no more totting my "readers" around anymore they said... these are full time..

old sucks.... (hope the eye doctor is still as cute with glasses on)

It may have just been my life style, but I opted for contacts, because you never loose them in the woods as you run after your prey and when you stop to look for tracks they don't fog up, and you have or at least I have 180 degree corrected vision which you will not get with glasses. Last year I paid $300.00 for a years supply. My vision is checked annually and my vision changes annually. It's usually just one eye. Anyway :

:worthless:

Pics or Ban! :laugh:I am betting on horn rims. Like Wild Thing in "Major League".

I bought a roll of tape too...

contacts? naw, I got this "stuff in my eye" thing going on..... I about hurl when i watch someone take the things out... yuk...

Geek-Glasses_AE2556D5.jpg

Last edited:
I did the whole gettting old, time for glasses thing a few yeas back. Took me exactly 4 months to lose them! Been with the drug store pair ever since, but i do miss my no-line trifocals.
I know what you mean about the person who does the fitting of your glasses. If they are good at it, it's awesome to be part of such finesse. My assistant happened to be a girl............with cleavage. :thumbsup:

Damn Bogus, that was a fatal mistake!

Now you can see what those women you've been hanging out with "REALLY" look like!

:fire:
LOL! Very good.

The eye puffer is a darned sight better (no pun intended) than the old instruments that actually pressed into your eye. You've never had this test before? hmmm....

$503 is a lot for glasses. You can do no-line bifocals way cheaper than that. But you did get the Nikon high index, which is top of the line. You must be rich!

Anyway, welcome to the old farts club. My prescription didn't change from 7th grade until age 45. I've gone through four new prescriptions since then.

BTW, Bogus, post your prescription here and I'll tell you what it means technically.

Back