transmission

papadaca

Registered
my friends busa seems funked

It's slips out of gear in 1, 2, 3, and 4,...not so much in 5 and 6 or should I say not as often. It pulls strong when up shifting with no problem. Usually does it when I'm in 4th let off the throttle and let the bike "wind down". After a few seconds it slips into a sort of a false neutral. It also does it when I am in 1st gear idling like in a parking lot or even when in an intersection. It will slip into neutral and the neutral light comes on (but not in the higher gears. in those it's like "in between gears).

does this sound like its going to need a new transmission
or a new clutch

any realistic input would be great. Im unsure where I should start on fixing his problem.

whats the bestt hing to use to split an engine open?
rock.gif
?

Pull it out and take it to a tranny guy to under cut the gears,forks,rods,drum. More than likely needs it all.

wow ive heard of a couple of gears slipping out, but not four. you mustve really been abusing the transmission to do that. you know how hard it is to round the dogs on the 4th gear, you probably have a bent shift fork shaft which caused a catastrophe. good luck

I hate to tell you this but,Get a used trans and get it undercut.Buy all three shift forks,a shift drum,shift shaft's,a suzuki complete gasket set for the eng,new copper washers for the case bolt's(they don't come with the gasket kit)And a 30 pack of beer.Only have a few beer's while you are doing the repair.Then test drive when done(make you don't have any beer in you on the test drive)after you fixed it and saved alot of $$$$ doing it yourself,drink the rest of the said beer.
winkold.gif
I fixed mine but it was only coming out of 2nd.Good luck.

Back