TRANS SLIPPING IN 2ND GEAR AGAIN

sewwhut

Registered
Hi my good friends, my 2005 busa with approximately 9,000 miles is giving me transmission problems again. I had this problem back and April @ around 6,500 miles. In second gear at high rpm's it slips, (it doesn't jump out of gear and it shifts fine). Told my mechanic this and his guess was that something was wearing out and he explained in more detail with the proper names of the parts he thought was wearing out, I just don't remember. He evened showed me on what he thought was happening on an open Trans. However he took it apart and he hit the nail on the head, he was right. Three pieces was replaced, two gears second & fifth i think and some kind of fork looking thing. That set me back about $1,000, but i had no problems until now. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG TO CAUSE THIS??? H E L P

bent shift fork ,worn gear dogs . get it undercut with billit shaft and fork , no more problems ! i think the busa has too much horsepower/torque for the stock trans to handle ! un less you dont ever break the speed limit !

IMO - If he just replaced your 2nd gear parts without backcutting the 2,3 & 6 gears it was not a cost effective repair. Everything was open and accessible to do things right. For comparison I paid $195.00 for the 2,3,6 trans repair with exchange (that is parts only).

transin.jpg

IMO - If he just replaced your 2nd gear parts without backcutting the 2,3 & 6 gears it was not a cost effective repair. Everything was open and accessible to do things right. For comparison I paid $195.00 for the 2,3,6 trans repair with exchange (that is parts only).

transin.jpg

Its just the 2nd n 6th that need cut 2-3 shift and 3-4 shift are back cut from factory
i get mine swapped for 150 plus shipping

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

I would listen to Pinky, he knows his stuff. My 3rd gear may have needed attention last year and was therefore dealt with while inside the tranny.

Back