Trans problems

Jbmototech

Registered
Ok so had a chain break and it wiped out all kinds of crap snapped output shaft sprocket cover water pump etc replaced output shaft with a Robinson shaft get the motor back together and now there is a clicking sound coming from what sounds like clutch side tore it all apart everything is good put it back in same noise so i pulled motor back out split cases again took the trans completly apart and put it back together no signs of anythung wrong could the shift forks be bent just enough for the dogs to be just kissing each other the only thing i noticed was the pins ont the forks seemed to have a bit of wear ideas .......

Welcome to the forum @Jbmototech. Sorry to hear that you have a problem right now but I am glad that you joined the forum.

I see that you posted twice. Being the weekend you probably want to get rocking with a fix. Hang in there, members will see this post and likely someone will be around with suggestions.

Yea i figured that i just want to get this fixed I've had the motor out and torn down three times and just can't figure it out and its driving me nuts i had my own shop I've built drag bikes Frankenstein motors and this doesn't make sense

Need some more info, when is it clicking, u can hear it with the engine on? What gear? Every gear? Does it have shifting problems? Did u put a circlip or snap ring in wrong by accident or did u not take the trans down that far? Missing a washer somewhere? Just random questions to help get more info.

Start up in neutral clicks pull in clutch doesn't change put it into gear it almost goes away but not totally change up thru the gears while riding it gets ...lighter until deceleration then it comes back louder i took the whole trans apart today and double checked all snaprings spacers etc.and can not find anything out of place or out of spec as far as thickness as far as i can tell from what i can tell as far as sound wise it sounds exactly like when you get a false neutral and its searching for a gear but not as destructive sounding

I assume when you took apart you didn't see any signs of scratching or "new wear". And can't or can tell if the noise is coming from outside or inside the case. And you used a mechanics stethoscope to narrow location. Maybe down to replacing parts, or let it run longer to identify problem before you take it apart again. You would think if it was really serious the signs of destruction would be there by now, right.

Back