Front sprocket diff

Vetteman761

Registered
Hey guys putting in this 2007 motor into my 04, and went to put my new sprocket i had bought for other engine on this one and low and behold its not the same, measured the output shaft on newer motor and it is 1/4 inch longer, did 07 motors use a diff shaft than previous versions,

ill be damn, thats what i was thinking, yea so now also my sprocket cover wont go over top the shaft either with the speed sensor on fml

Here is pics of it.
92D6847D-E378-4BAE-AC3F-04D7381C4D2B.jpeg

E836DED5-93FE-4F18-A35D-CECBC2B7DC40.jpeg

Is it possible the frame the new engine was in was stamped as built in 07 and is actually an 08 model having been the first year of the Gen 2

Pic of the 2004 motor please . The 2007 photo the trans seal looks non oem . I do not see tooling marks on case bolt head or extra silicon from a case split .

I wonder if the motor was in a wide swing arm bike requiring a offset for the chain to work . Hence a different shaft spacer was installed to move sprocket to new position.

Hmmm you know I was thinking along the lines with you. c10, so to rectify this does that spacer slide right off so I can get the correct one? Watching game right now or i would go have a quick look lol

I have removed / changed a spacer on the ZRX , and it was a pain in the butt . Later did it aging with cases split , and easier job then . Maybe the welded onto the original spacer to use a jaw type puller for removal . then pop the seal . Drive on the other spacer , and install new seal .

That sounds awful, do they maybe make a sprocket that is offset that 1/4 inch or so , so I dont have to do that?

There is a company that makes off set sprockets, but I can't remember who.
We used them 10 plus years ago for zrx's using a zx11 trans as spacer issue like yours. They made them offset. Bad thing though for you we don't know what you got.
They were able to calculate the difference between ZX11 and ZRX to just make one with no real issue.

Are you sure the sprocket is for a Gen 1? Did you use it on the other motor? Your post says you bought it.....

Are you sure the sprocket is for a Gen 1? Did you use it on the other motor? Your post says you bought it.....
Yes I had it on the other motor, sprocket isnt too much of problem though iam pretty sure the shaft is off a gen 2 but the main thing is the spacer having me out 1/4 inch

Yes I had it on the other motor, sprocket isnt too much of problem though iam pretty sure the shaft is off a gen 2 but the main thing is the spacer having me out 1/4 inch
Okay, I was just thinking out loud so to speak. Sometimes the most simple fixes are overlooked. What would the spacer be used for? 520 chain conversion maybe? Again, just thinking out loud....

Back