Tranny issues..............

BIG GUY

Registered
The tranny works just fine, but sometimes it slips out of gear when I shift into 2nd and 5th gears. What do you guys think I should do. Should I buy a second tranny and have it undercut and rebuilt? I heard this will help or should I just have a new clutch and some other parts replaced? It is a daily driver for me so it has to stay completely streetable. I would like to hear your opinions on this. :beerchug:

It has been a while but back in the day that would be caused by bent shift forks or excessive play. Should still apply now.

It doesn't do it all the time. Just here and there. I have been told that our bikes come with 2nd and 5th floating gears and this is a common problem with 'busas.

It doesn't do it all the time. Just here and there. I have been told that our bikes come with 2nd and 5th floating gears and this is a common problem with 'busas.

It is a common problem with Gen 1. I have a 02 myself and I have the same problem with 1st and 2nd now! I'm going to get mine undercut I hope this fall! And thinking about getting another clutch as well. Do a search on "Tranny issues"...JM2C!!!

Back