Trailer wiring to truck

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
Ok so i have the tow hitch and such on my truck but no wiring so I need to buy a wiring kit and wire it up. Not worried about it much as I am pretty good with wiring. Does autozone or somewhere sell a kit i can buy and wire it up? Or do i need to buy the wires and a connector? Starting to do all my research as I am most likely getting the trailer monday :thumbsup:

Nvm found one. The autozone search just wasnt working very well. Ended up finding it in similar related category event though i put in the exact words for the item :poke:

What year of vehicle? Most newer vehicles are wired for towing and you can just buy the wiring kit that fits your vehicle. No splicing or cutting of wires. I have ordered and installed two hitches from:
Hidden Hitch, Reese, Putnam, and Da'lan Trailer Hitches Online at Discount Prices

Both were perfect fits with plug in harnesses. One was for a 2007 Honda Pilot the other a 2002 Isuzu Trooper.

Ok so i have the tow hitch and such on my truck but no wiring so I need to buy a wiring kit and wire it up. Not worried about it much as I am pretty good with wiring. Does autozone or somewhere sell a kit i can buy and wire it up? Or do i need to buy the wires and a connector? Starting to do all my research as I am most likely getting the trailer monday :thumbsup:

What year of vehicle? Most newer vehicles are wired for towing and you can just buy the wiring kit that fits your vehicle. No splicing or cutting of wires. I have ordered and installed two hitches from:
Hidden Hitch, Reese, Putnam, and Da'lan Trailer Hitches Online at Discount Prices

Both were perfect fits with plug in harnesses. One was for a 2007 Honda Pilot the other a 2002 Isuzu Trooper.

08 Tundra Dbl Cab. That looks interesting... May be easier than splicing some wires....

Uh oh...when I used the site find a harness for your car it said "See vehicle manufacturer". I'll look around some more and see if I get the same.

Back