"Trailer in a Bag", anyone know about it?

Read about it a while back but have not used one. Seen a few videos of it in youtube, here's one satisfied user:
- Trailer In A Bag user tells about his first trip with his new trailer![/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't comment on it, but they are space savers.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I've read about them and seen videos as well and was hoping someone may've had some first hand knowledge of the trailer. A little pricey, but suits my needs. If what I've read/watched is true.

In case anyone may be interested in one, I've found an answer. Someone on my "other" bike forum said they've used it on many of trips and love it. Just gotta keep it maintained, grease and air, and it'll work fine. Keep in mind the "other" bike weighs a little more than the 'Busa. So I'm going to look for a bargain on it as the $1,200 suggested makes me feel there's some room for negotiating. :thumbsup:

Port-a-Chopper Collapsible Single Bike Trailer FREE SHIPPING

This one is made by Redline Engineering. Redline has some high quality products and i think Id snag up one of his before Id get the bag one.

The Redline one also comes with all the options you have to pay alot for from the Trailer in a Bag (Kickstand pad, wheel chalk, aluminum ramp) So it is no more expensive and Redline sells good product :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks RussellJ, I want to stick with a name brand and RL certainly is. The only problem is I don't think that one 'breaks down' enough for one person to load and unload. I like the 12" tire option and would fit the TIAB for 12" as well. I'll give the RL a better look.

awesome concept:thumbsup: but why would i buy this when i can go to lowes and buy a trailer for 800 bucks and use it for multi purpose things including hauling the bike, all i have to do is buy a wheel chock...

My problem is storage. No doubt it'd be much cheaper to get a 4x8 trailer and outfit it for a bike but I live in a townhouse that doesn't allow trailers. I need something that I can 'break down' and store in a closet. Renting a trailer is out as I drive a car. I can get a hitch for the car from Curt, but it's one of those smaller ones rated for something like 200/2000.
So far, beside the TIAB, I've found the Port a Chopper and Bikelug to be similar. One downside of the TIAB is no suspension. I have a trailer shop nearby so they can probably convert it to a torsion axle if I buy it.

My problem is storage. No doubt it'd be much cheaper to get a 4x8 trailer and outfit it for a bike but I live in a townhouse that doesn't allow trailers. I need something that I can 'break down' and store in a closet. Renting a trailer is out as I drive a car. I can get a hitch for the car from Curt, but it's one of those smaller ones rated for something like 200/2000.
So far, beside the TIAB, I've found the Port a Chopper and Bikelug to be similar. One downside of the TIAB is no suspension. I have a trailer shop nearby so they can probably convert it to a torsion axle if I buy it.

i got yah on that:thumbsup: something you can just throw somewhere and not worry about

If your problem is storage check out the Kendon fold-up trailers, I have owned 2 and love them, right now I have the dual trailer

Can't say enough about them:thumbsup:

The Kendon appears to be the best as far as a folding trailer goes. It's front section basically folds under to make the trailer half its size and stored upright. Stinger is somewhat similar.
I posted this on a H-D forum as well and got a couple responses from owners of the TIAB. One was from a Road Glide owner that has had his TIAB for 10 years. Hauled his bike and many others without issue on trips and at speeds of 75 mph.
The TIAB appears to be the answer for those needing a trailer on occasion with no room to store it. It can be towed with a car outfitted with a class 1 hitch.
This is the route I'm going if I feel I need to bring a bike with me this holiday season.

Back