Votes: 13 4.9%
  • no i dont like it, looks ugly

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • no i dont like it, tire is to big

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • no i dont like it, for other reasons

Votes: 19 7.1%

• Total voters
I have a 240 +6. To be honest with all u guys i never lost no cornering at all. Is the same as normal tire, unless u go low profile tires. Thats when u start losing some cornering.

n503968363_905498_2139.jpg

n503968363_905499_2600.jpg

n503968363_905494_981.jpg

gsxrstunter you are not gonna get any love for the 240 kit here. I think it is a great mod, but very expensive, i myself am interested in doing it. Every time a thread gets started on the 240 rear the flamethrowers come out. I agree it is not something to do if you head for the twisties alot. But not everyone gets a busa to do that. I know i am not a kneedragger by any means. It would be nice to hear some solid experience from someone who has ridden a busa with the 240 set up. Until that happens be prepared to hear how it ruins the bike and it is only for show. Either way the busa is a great bike, for different people to mod in different ways.
wink.gif

Well Said....Do you bra.... I get tired of hearing opinions from people who have never tried to ride the bike with a 240 kit on it. IMO looks like it is the best of both worlds, and I agree most people do not get a busa for twisties but would like to make it through light to moderate cornering with confidience while still be able to hit a Buck-eighty safely. :bowdown:

I have a 240 +6. To be honest with all u guys i never lost no cornering at all. Is the same as normal tire, unless u go low profile tires. Thats when u start losing some cornering.

Like the look, Fernanhaya! Sweet, sweet scooter!! I run six over on mine and don't have much for 'chicken strips'. I've read quite a bit on the cornering characteristics in different forums from people who do have the experience. Most of the comments came around to riders experiencing a need to put more weight into the seat and push down on the front end more. Translated to me it meant they had to put a little more muscle into it to throw the extended (most were 4-8") bike into the corners.

My buddy rides a...dare I say it!!...ZX1400 with stock wheel base. (Now, before I get flamed, I KNOW IT'S NOT A 'BUSA!!) Anyway, the ZX at stock wheel base, was much easier (surprisingly, and almost scarry easy!!) to move through the twisties.

I havn't had much riding experience on a stock wheel base 'busa, (although I do have the stock swingarm for my bike) but I love the manageability of the six over when it comes to the launch and since cornering hasn't become a difficult issue for me, I like it! The offset 240 looks cool to me, but practicality for all around riding...I dunno. I'd need to ride one for awhile first!
(Any offers?!!)

As has already been said, It's your world....

Is there any damage to the bike with a offset 240 besides being off center when looking at it from the rear? And is it really noticeable where it takes away from the way the bike looks and handle?

Did you ever see a car/truck that was recked bad and put back together, BUT the front and rear did NOT track correct. Yea that thing goes down the road at a twisted sideways angle. With the rear off to right center of bike the front wheel would be slightly turned to go straight and the bike would be moving at a bit of cross angle to go staight.
Do you think that would effect the handling??? YOUr on 2 wheels and the best thing is have both wheels running center with bike. Just my 2cent.

Did you ever see a car/truck that was recked bad and put back together, BUT the front and rear did NOT track correct. Yea that thing goes down the road at a twisted sideways angle. With the rear off to right center of bike the front wheel would be slightly turned to go straight and the bike would be moving at a bit of cross angle to go staight.
Do you think that would effect the handling??? YOUr on 2 wheels and the best thing is have both wheels running center with bike. Just my 2cent.

+1 that is why i cant stand the 240 kit

i have my 240 kit centered on my bike not that hard if you wana do some work. i'll get some pics when i get a chance the ones i have are a bit dark to see

This is one cool bike.....

who's kit is this? What size tire??

that looks ****ing great. I dont care if it messes up the track days. I don't take the bike to the track, I don't run it that hard through the twisties either. For the guy that does not redline the little ***** everytime the throttle is turned this would be a great mod.

Who makes the one in the pic?????

My 240 with 6 inch stretch---offset doesn't effect handling at all as far as tracking goes--no pull either direction.

busa 051.jpg

Id do it phat tire for a phat bike. I wouldnt go bigger than 240. I really like gregs customs swing arm and its right down the street here in the bay... if i could only afford it.

Back