TPS C14

Martin.UK

Registered
Yesterday for no reason the Fi light came on my 1999 Gen1, So i checked the code and was getting C14.
I thought bugger as i had only just bought the complete throttle bodies used for £200 GBP.
I did all the tests that the workshop manual said to do and got to the point where is said replace the tps. I thought bugger again as there like £250 GBP to buy. So as i did not buy this bike to ride, i thought well it still runs so i will leave it. Woke up this morning and it was still eating away at me as i hate not having things 100% working on our bikes. So i started thinking and thought the old TB's with the old TPS did not give me the C14 code so i connected the TPS up still attached to the old TB's as the TPS were not the same fixings (2 screws on old, 1 screw on new) and i still got the C14 code.
I thought there is no way that both TPS could be bad if i never had this before. So I stuck my hand into the space under the tank where all the pipes and wire are and started messing with the main harness connector for the injectors/tps and fuel pump. All was ok and the connector was fully home. But then when i checked, I found that the C14 code had gone. So my thinking now is i may have a bad wire, and as the wiring is nearly 24 years old it may need replacing as messing with it may have broke a wire.

@Martin.UK

250 gbp only for the ONE tps, the gen1´s have?
must be a brand new one, or not?

and damn - for that big money by chance i could buy here in germany a pre owned complete throttle bridge incl. all sensors, injectors, fuel pump etc. (via ebay)
no matter if a ´99 or ´00

and what do you mean with "the old TB's" ?

from wales?
so you should think about buying the bridge via ebay-europe and doin a lill travel to the continent taking the tunnel or a ferry to save money 4 taxes and p´n p. ;)
could be smart to do so - not to forget the beautifull restaurants in northern france, etc.

Last edited:
The tps price is for a new one.

TB's = Throttle Bodies.

I paid £200 GBP for a used complete throttle bodie set with all sensors here in the UK.

Anyhow i now know the tps is ok and it's the old wiring thats the problem.
We all get worn out with age :D

Back