Tourmaster or nelson-rigg saddlebags?

And here is "My Baby" ready for a weekend trip.

Photo_3.jpg

I also have a black and purple...found it by luck...huy traded it in with a yoshi 4into1 already installed and completely stock other than the air filter and shovel being cut down....I have been lookin at the tourmaster "sport" bags. I really like the three bag set up and then a bigger tank bag. The one i have now like you all stays on my bike. It is the joe rocket manta. big enough for my wallet, house keys, cell phone, ball cap and has a small external pouch with a window for my gps. I love it but again for the longer trip i am looking at i will upsize. jaschil69 that middle bag, is it the one that hooks into the saddle bags? is there any movement in the bag and since you both have made long trips do you see any damage? i know they are both padded...but i also know sometimes that stuff dosnt work so well. Thanks for all the info..again one more reason i research here before i buy anything.

My tail bag has a padded flap about 8-10 inches wide on the underside. It unlatches so that the saddlebag piece goes through it. The saddlebags also have great padding, kind of like neoprene, on the insides that are up against the tail section. No damage at all. It all takes about 3-5 minutes to put on and take off. I have the Cortech/Tour Master tank bag that's expandable too. It sure is nice to stow the little things that you always end up needing close at hand. The tail bag has a bunch of small compartments in it as well.

I also have a black and purple...found it by luck...huy traded it in with a yoshi 4into1 already installed and completely stock other than the air filter and shovel being cut down....I have been lookin at the tourmaster "sport" bags. I really like the three bag set up and then a bigger tank bag. The one i have now like you all stays on my bike. It is the joe rocket manta. big enough for my wallet, house keys, cell phone, ball cap and has a small external pouch with a window for my gps. I love it but again for the longer trip i am looking at i will upsize.  jaschil69 that middle bag, is it the one that hooks into the saddle bags? is there any movement in the bag and since you both have made long trips do you see any damage? i know they are both padded...but i also know sometimes that stuff dosnt work so well. Thanks for all the info..again one more reason i research here before i buy anything.
I haven't seen any damage from the bags. I have them on pretty snug and there isn't any movement up at speed. Also, if I remember correctly there is a clear tape out there that won't ruin the skins and adds protection under the bags. I was told you put the tape on, the bags on top; when done remove the bags and the tape, no issues.

Purple/Black is a great color. I waited for her and she has not disappointed me yet. I love riding up and having the only purple/black bike in the group. Only time I have seen another purple/black in the area was up at Cyclefest and there were only 2 plus "My Baby"... I wonder how many Purple/black Busas were made and sold in '04?

<!--EDIT|MrGxr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140800073 -->

No. You dont really have to take anything apart. I guess you can think of it as the top bag will hinge over after you unsnap the two plastic buskles. Then the tail bag cag come right off to take inside to the hotel or wherever you might be staying

Hyperboosta: sorry for jacking the thread... did you get the info you wanted?

thanks for all the info guys...now to just look around for the best deals. Do you have any idea where to get or what the name of that tape was? is it the stuff made my 3M?

I actually bought my saddlebags from NEWENOUGH.COM. Tailbag from dealer and Tank bag from Cyclegear.

Well, actually, I had a small tent, 2 blankets, clothes, flashlight, Mess kit, You name it. I was prepared. It was a little cool at night.

Picture_022.jpg

I have the same bags as Mr. GXR and I love them. I have used them on my FZ1 and now 'busa. Also have the tail bag--hooks right on to the saddle bags. Magnetic tank bag too. I got them almost brand new on ebay. Lots of buys out there. I could not tell them from new. Love 'em! ENJOY!

Well, actually, I had a small tent, 2 blankets, clothes, flashlight, Mess kit, You name it. I was prepared. It was a little cool at night.
Been there, done that for too long  
wink.gif
. Now the Hampton Inns put a  
smile.gif
on my face ! And a HOT shower with FOOD near by (errrrr, the kind you have someone else make and serve you
laugh.gif
)  !!! LIFE IS GOOOOOOD  
race.gif

Actually, I should be out riding now, but with winds of 23 gusting to 30+ I guess I'll wait and see if they will die down. It's just no fun being blown all over the road  
sad.gif
. Especially when your just out riding and really going no where !

Hyperboosta: sorry for jacking the thread... did you get the info you wanted?
Yeah,pretty much. You guys rock with the pictures! Its nice to see them on the busa. I still can't make up my mind though, I guess some web searching for prices etc. will come into play. Most of my searching so far has been in the Chaparral catolog, and I need to expand on that. Spring is coming soon, and I gotta pick up the pace and decide.
Thanks guys.

Thanks for the pics. I have been looking for some tank bags myself, and your info is very helpful.

Back