Tourmaster or nelson-rigg saddlebags?

Frantik1

Registered
I'm looking to buy saddlebags for the Busa very soon, and have narrowed my choices down to these two (sort- of). The  Nelson-Rigg, and Tourmaster cortech sport. I need some input from anyone who has them, pis of them on the bike would be great too. Also any input on other brands would be great .  I'm concerned with looks, but more so with fit, and I'll often have wifie on board, so they can't interfere with a passenger at all. My dealer has offered to order some Joe Rocket bags in for me to try, but I don't think I like them.
I need advice!!!

<!--EDIT|hyperboosta
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140793865 -->

I have the Tour-Master bags. I used them on a long trip through Colorado. I like the fit and seem to have plenty of storage. I paid around 100 bucks and think they were well worth it. Send me your email and I can send some pics of them on my bike.

Last year while up in Colorado for Cyclefest I bought some Tour Masters for the ride back down. Had some extra stuff to carry. I like them a lot. Have used them several times since then for weekend trips and such. They install on the bike easy enough and come right off. The hump is a little difficult to close with the bags installed, but nothing to worry about.
Over all I like them and would recommend them to others.
Here's a few pics of them installed on "My Baby".

Photo_1.jpg

Another...

for all you "eagle eyes" out there, the grease on the garage door is not from the bike. Its from some go karts I was working on.

<!--EDIT|MrGxr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140795997 -->

Photo_2.jpg

I have Nelson Riggs saddle bags, tail bag and tank bag...I have nothing but good things to say about all of it!!
cool.gif

As you can see in the first pic, I don't have stock rear turn signals. Not sure how they fit with stock set on. I paid $80 for them last year and it was well worth the money. I can usually get 5 days of clothes (easily) in them and have room for extra.

Can't provide you with any input on how it affects a passenger cause on the long rides I am solo.

<!--EDIT|MrGxr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140796046 -->

Mine are a little different than the ones you have. Mine are the teardrop shaped. You probably have a little more room than I do in mine.

jaschil69:
I just have the saddle bags, don't have the top bag. How does that work for ya? does it affect the aero dynamics any at cruising speed?
By the way, love the color of the Busa.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|MrGxr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140796776 -->

Thanks. I searched high and low for the Anniversary edition that wasn't too molested.Finally found it in NC. Long ride home but it was worth it! I can't really tell a difference with the tail bag on there. The way it mounts makes it very secure too. I'm pretty happy with the setup. BTW, Black and Purple was my second choice!

I am wondering about the top bag also. I plan on makeing a trip to Ohio this summer from NC and I will need to pack some extra clothes. I have a small tank bag for zipping around town and such but nothing too big yet. Do you guys tank bags affect your riding at all? How to the saddle bags affect you as far as wind drag and extra weight in the back? I also ride solo and will be when i hit the roads in the summer

I am wondering about the top bag also. I plan on makeing a trip to Ohio this summer from NC and I will need to pack some extra clothes. I have a small tank bag for zipping around town and such but nothing too big yet. Do you guys tank bags affect your riding at all? How to the saddle bags affect you as far as wind drag and extra weight in the back? I also ride solo and will be when i hit the roads in the summer
Tank bag when extended comes up to edge of windscreen, gets in the way if you like to ride aggressive and down behind the screen. Though again it becomes a great support for the long rides.
Haven't noticed any change in the Busa's handling with the saddle bags on. I have even got through some twisties with them on and it didn't seem to interfer... a little more weight, but nothing serious. Out on the highway at 80mph or so... gas mileage is still around 50mpg and didn't notice any drag or handling issues, even with crosswind.

Hang a sec and I'll get some pics of the tank bag for ya...

It would be tough to live without the tank bag. It's pretty much on my bike all of the time. As far as wind or drag issues, My brother and I , that's his R6, got a short straight away and registered 161 on the GPS with no ill effects on handling.

The only time I take the tank bag off is for the camera mount. I'm 36 and don't really see a big need for the camera mount. It's just one more thing to have to think about when I'm out there riding. I ride most of the time to not have to think about a million and 1 other things.

Thanks. I searched high and low for the Anniversary edition that wasn't too molested.Finally found it in NC. Long ride home but it was worth it! I can't really tell a difference with the tail bag on there. The way it mounts makes it very secure too. I'm pretty happy with the setup. BTW, Black and Purple was my second choice!
Searched around the Southwest area for the Purple/Black and finally found it up in Colorado. Had the crate shipped down to local dealer. It arrived and I pried the corner open to see her... been in love ever since.

I was thinking about getting a tail bag as well, but wasn't sure how it would handle. Thanks for the input, I may just go out and get one. Can never have to much when cruising the highways and byways...

Here's the tank bag as it is most of the time. Doesn't get in the way at all, even when getting aggressive through the hills out here. In this position I can get the camara, an extra shirt, hat, tripod, bunge cords, book, and some other stuff in it.
It's also good at this height for small shopping trips... six pack, chips, and rental movie.

Photo_1.jpg

Extended I can get 3 days worth of clothes, camara, tripod, book, and there is still room for another tshirt or two. Did find out that 4 days worth of clothes and then some shopping required the move to a saddle bags.
It's high, but didn't get in the way of riding. Couldn't get down out of the wind, but the again with stock windscreen it didn't matter all that much. When we get into the mountians I go a little slower through the twisties cause of the weight and it does interfer with transitioning from left to right.

Photo_2.jpg

Back