Saddlebag and tailpack fitment...

TurboSN95

Registered
Just wondering if anyone here has the Nelson Rigg CL-950 saddlebags and the CL-800 tailpack. I'm thinking about buying these and wanted to make sure they fit ok on the 'Busa.

That's all!

Thanks.

rant.gif
I had a Nelson-Rigg tank bag,tailbag and Oxford panniers---untill they were stolen but that's another story. Oxford sells a soft mesh you put under the bags and on to the painted sections of your bike to protect your paint's finish from scratches.

I put 1 1/2" electrical tape on the bodywork to protect it from the straps. Even dust getting under the bags will scuff it, and the tape comes off easily.

The nelson riggs saddle bags DO have neoprene pads that cover almost the entire back of the bag which does contact painted surfaces. They come in the box with the saddle bags. I have the big NR rear saddles and two very large neoprene pads for them.

super.gif

(Spudley @ Jul. 21 2007,06:44) The nelson riggs saddle bags DO have neoprene pads that cover almost the entire back of the bag which does contact painted surfaces.  They come in the box with the saddle bags. I have the big NR rear saddles and two very large neoprene pads for them.

super.gif
Pics please?
smile.gif

I ended up ordering the CL-950 saddlebags, now I'll have those and the CL-350 tank bag. Should be plenty of room for me and the wife. It was just too hard to have a backpack on me with the wife on the back, didn't give me much room to lean back and stretch at the stop lights! She couldn't wear the backpack because of the Corbin backrest.

Here's my CL-950 saddlebags, I like them a lot and it looks like they will come off and on easily and store a bunch of stuff.

P7310001__Medium_.JPG

Just ordered the N/R CL 950 hopeing they come today and i'll report back. From the forum reports and pics It helped me make a decision on the 950's

(S7R4NGER @ Jul. 31 2007,15:22) TurboSN95: Have you ever had any heating problems due to the position of the bags on top of the pipes?
I literally put them on this morning for the first time and haven't started the bike up.

Honestly I dont see an issue, because the carbon fiber pipes stay cool, and the bottoms of these bags have a heat shield. I do think I will try to raise the bags up a little just to be on the safe side.

The tail pack I have is the Nelson Rigg CB550. It is very simlar to the CL800. The CL is 2 inches longer, but the height and width are the same.

I have mine mated to a pair of Tourmaster Tribag Saddlebags. Even though they're different brands, they clip together great and work awesome as a compete unit.

DealsGap5-9-07025.jpg

DealsGap07024a.jpg

Back