Hayabusa Saddlebags ?

Hayabusa2005

Registered
I came across some Tecknic Deluxe Canvas Saddlebags with rainfly for a good price (used). Thinking about buying them. Has anyone used these or other similar saddlebags on the Busa...for weekend trips?

I have some, can't remember the brand though. I used them to great effect on a 1,200 mile trip I took this past summer. I also have a Givi V46 trunk too. Combined, I had tons of storage. I ended up bringing too much crap with me. My regret is that I didn't put something protective between the bags and the tail. I ended up with some dull spots on the paint where the bags rubbed. I may be able to buff it out, but would have preferred to just throw a rag or something in there to keep it from rubbing.

I have some, can't remember the brand though. I used them to great effect on a 1,200 mile trip I took this past summer. I also have a Givi V46 trunk too. Combined, I had tons of storage. I ended up bringing too much crap with me. My regret is that I didn't put something protective between the bags and the tail. I ended up with some dull spots on the paint where the bags rubbed. I may be able to buff it out, but would have preferred to just throw a rag or something in there to keep it from rubbing.

The rubbing can be precluded by using painter's tape between the protective rubber pads and the paint; it's easily removed and replaced and will completely prevent (properly applied) that dull paint look.

:beerchug:

Nelson Riggs here. Just a few snapps and I walk them into the room like baggage :thumbsup:

I have Dowco Bags with protective shields affixed to the straps to protect the paint. They come with their own hidden rain covers and actually carry quite a bit. I have the Dowcon duffle bag that straps onto the bags. If you are going to tour across country I'd probably look at First Gear Saddlebags but for 3-5 day trips this set up has worked well. Wardie:thumbsup:

My regret is that I didn't put something protective between the bags and the tail. I ended up with some dull spots on the paint where the bags rubbed. I may be able to buff it out, but would have preferred to just throw a rag or something in there to keep it from rubbing.
+1

I had this happen with my old saddlebags, even though they had a rubber pad attached (maybe like the Dowco bags mentioned by Wardie above). I ended up using a 3M polyurethane tape used to protect the front edges of airplane wings. Clear, doesn't look to bad and doesn't damage the paint. Not positive this is the same product, but probably similar: LEADING EDGE TAPES from Aircraft Spruce

I used saddle bags for a long time--on both my '06 & 08 'busas. No matter what I did, I still got some "marks" on the paint. Finallly I went with this system. A little $$$, but I used it all last summer and loved it! I went on some 2400 mile trips through sun, rain, and even hail--never a problem. I wish I had envested in 'em a long time ago!

rack.jpg

I got one of each :)

Venture bag system, Tourmaster Saddlebags and the Media Tank bag

The Nelson Riggs set I have came with rain suits :laugh: and don't bother the paint, and are comfortable for the rider :thumbsup:

Back