Touchy/jerky on-off throttle response...

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
Just went on my first ride around yeaterday (30+ miles) but noticed, as advertised, you do have to control the throttle response. However it's very jerky and has a fine line between accelerating and decelerating.

I have heard the infamous TRE helps with this in gears 1-4 due to the change in Fuel Injection. Would it help alleviate this condition or are there any other methods?

Thanks for your help everyone.

yes it will. i used one from checkered motorsports. a smart tre off e-bay about 55$ it removed all the low jitters. some will tell you some yes. well it worked for me. and a lot of people are buying a gear indicator with a built in tre right now. at the price try it. just my 2.5cents

TRE can help with your complaint....TRE has nothing to do fuel injection though
wink.gif

Adding the PC111 seemed to smooth mine out and give it a little extra BusaBurst....

with a pc III usb you can have your bike dyno tuned for smoothness and maybe abit more power
then you will already have it if you get a full exhaust system

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your problem but.....have you tried adjusting the free play in the throttle cable?

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your problem but.....have you tried adjusting the free play in the throttle cable?
No and my freakin' dealer forgot to give me the owner's manual when they delivered, so they're mailing it to me tomorrow unless I go there tomorrow to pick it up (25 miles away).

Have a quick how to?

you must be riding slow if it is jerky... I only get that under 35 mph and in 1st gear.

Yes, compared to other bikes, the throttle is binary. 0 or 1 After 5-10k miles, you will get used to it or be dead.

This also makes using a throttle lock interesting, just a side note.

Adding the PC111 seemed to smooth mine out and give it a little extra BusaBurst....
But I have no aftermarket exhaust or even bolt-ons at this point...STOCK.  

Isn't a PC III pretty much useles unless you have a full exhaust?
PCIII isnt usless on a stock bike. You will notice a night and day difference in your throttle response and how it smooths out the power delivery. I am planning on buying one before i get a full system. I did it with my last bike and had no regrets!

Never used a TRE i have one in the back yard though, but a PCIII will smooth out a stock bike, but you want it even better full system w/PCIII more power and lighter IMHO

But I have no aftermarket exhaust or even bolt-ons at this point...STOCK.  

Isn't a PC III pretty much useles unless you have a full exhaust?
PCIII isnt usless on a stock bike.  You will notice a night and day difference in your throttle response and how it smooths out the power delivery.  I am planning on buying one before i get a full system.  I did it with my last bike and had no regrets!
Thanks Sarge!

I know PC III's are about $300.00...any group buys going on for this?

I guess what I meant is that you won't appreciate your full exhaust unless you get the PC III.

Over_Easy, for orchestrating the Kobe Group Buy, I've got an Ivans TRE just sitting in my tool box.

If you are interested shoot me your address and it's yours.

I had it on the bike till I got my full pipe and pcIII, thought maybe I might need it again someday, but doubt it.
wink.gif

I put a PCIII usb on my stock bike and it smoothed out the on / off throttle. The newer usb's come with the "accelerator pump" feature. You activate it from your computer with the provided CD. Gives a nice kick in the pants!
Cougar

I don't know what people are smoking, but my throttle response on my 06 is perfect! It's not jerky or even 'touchy'. Maybe I just have good wrist control from masturbation... I dunno. LOL!

bluegrab.gif

Back