Torque wrench

Steve, sorry man didn`t mean to jack you tread...
No problem, Vic. Some threads are destined to be jacked
cool.gif
smile.gif

I like to put just a dab of locktite on my fairing bolts, then just tighten just a bit.
If you put loctite on a fairing bolt that goes into a rubber well nut good luck gettin' it back out. If the loctite grips the well nut will turn in the hole and the bolt won't come out. I use loctite on everything that goes into fixed metal threads but NEVER on anything that goes into rubber well nut mounted threads.

Here is a question for all the torque wrench masters. Here is copied text from a wrench I found.

Range: 10-100 ft./lbs, 120-1200 in-lbs, 13.5-135.6 Nm, 138-1382 kg-cm

The wrench can display any of the units listed above. So, if on the Busa, a bolt needs to be torqued to 10 Nm, and the meter above has a range of 13.5-135.6 Nm, does this mean the wrench can't be used to torque that particular bolt? That's the way I interpret it at least. Someone tell me I am not understanding the range correctly because I like this particular wrench.

Here is a question for all the torque wrench masters. Here is copied text from a wrench I found.

Range: 10-100 ft./lbs, 120-1200 in-lbs, 13.5-135.6 Nm, 138-1382 kg-cm

The wrench can display any of the units listed above. So, if on the Busa, a bolt needs to be torqued to 10 Nm, and the meter above has a range of 13.5-135.6 Nm, does this mean the wrench can't be used to torque that particular bolt? That's the way I interpret it at least. Someone tell me I am not understanding the range correctly because I like this particular wrench.
Correct, you need to find a smaller torque wrench where your torque value of 10nm is covered.

Those are the different units of measurement that torque wrenches measure torque.

Interesting topic. I'm looking for a good torque wrench too. Never gave them much thought in the past. I looked up some specs and prices on Snap-on products. Prices range from abut $257-$800+ (not surprising for quality tools), but was interesting was the accuracy ratings. Even the best Snap-on torque wrench had 2% CW and 3% CCW rating. I wonder what the accuracy of Sears torque wrenches are?
rock.gif

If its an important part you are torqueing you can take your chaces with a cheap brand, not me, we use both snap on and mac. If you were to torque the fairing bolts i think you would probably want to use and inch pound torque wrench.

this is the snapon that i use at the shop has ftlbs inlbs and nm all for 315 bucks

<!--EDIT|hemroid
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137416598 -->

wrench.jpg

The most important thing here is to use a torque wrench. That $20 Wrench is better than guessing.

Back