Torbin vs, Corbin

3rdbusa

Registered
<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>I have a Corbin front seat but looking for a rear seat for my wife. Which is more comfortable?</span><span style='color:purple'></span><span style='color:purple'></span>

<!--EDIT|3rdbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118549239 -->

P1000181_smaller.JPG

I've got the stock driver seat and the Corbin rear saddle and backrest for my girlfriend. The previous owner actually threw those in when I bought the bike. I do have to say it is worth the $500. My girlfriend has alot more leg room and is more confident at high speeds cause she doesn't feel like she'll fly off if she accidently lets go of me.

I've got the stock driver seat and the Corbin rear saddle and backrest for my girlfriend.  The previous owner actually threw those in when I bought the bike.  I do have to say it is worth the $500.  My girlfriend has alot more leg room and is more confident at high speeds cause she doesn't feel like she'll fly off if she accidently lets go of me.
Do you know what options that back seat (material/etc) has to most closely match the stock front seat??

And Yes to the orignial question, I'd HIGHLY recommend the corbin because of the passenger backrest (I've had one for 4 years on my VFR). The backrest makes a huge difference for the passenger. I know tobin makes the hump in the back but that won't compare to a full backrest. I think I have seen some custom backrest options on a tobin seat but that was in the front...so not sure if you can get a back seat with a backrest in the Tobin version?? Either way I think the seats themselves are probably pretty equal the big thing is to get a backrest.

250 for that backrest is BS.

My wife likes the Tobin and after 1200 miles in 2 days, my ass was perfectly fine throughout.

Never sat on a corbin to compare... but the tobins are good!! Very comfortable
smile.gif

They don't really have any options in materials when it comes to that Corbin seats. It is a leather with almost a carbon fiber look to it.

Not sure if Tobin do a backrest. If that's something you want, the Corbin has it.

I have a Corbin w/backrest - no complaints from the wife so far.

They don't really have any options in materials when it comes to that Corbin seats.  It is a leather with almost a carbon fiber look to it.
Hmm thats weird, I swear they used(several years ago) to make them any way you want(choice of piping/perforated material vs others/Leather/etc...etc) if you ordered direct from them...(Sargent still does this)... So they match "ok" if you dont get a set?

Back