New SS

3rdbusa

Registered
<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:purple'>Any help on bleeding brake lines, replacing with SS. Searched but can't find any info?
1zhelp.gif
</span></span>

I think you need some sort of vacum tool, to pull the air out, you cant just push the lever to get it out (like you can on a car) the booster doesnt have enough pressure. there might be a trick but I dont know it. when I replaced the one on my '01 Busa, I had to trailer it to a bike shop and have them do it.

I hope this is not a repost but if it is I could not find it.

Here it is and it is VERY simple.

What ya need:

1. Brake Fluid "The kind for your bike"
2. Bleeder wrench
3. 1'4" clear brake hose "about 2 foot"
3 100cc syringe "You can get these from Walgreen’s"

Here is what you do:

First make sure the reservoir is full of fluid, then you will want to put the wrench over the bleeder screw so it is hanging close to the base. Slip one end of the clear line over the nipple on the syringe and the other over the end of the bleeder screw. Open the screw a 1/4 to 1/2 turn. Slowly pull the plunger out of the syringe until it either reaches the top or you see no air bubbles and only fluid. After you do this close the bleeder screw and remove the hose. I dump the old out and start again if needed.

Keep an eye on the reservoir to make sure it keeps fluid in it!

After you get just fluid coming out through the tube close the valve, remove the tube and do the pump, pump, pump and hold method to just get the last bit of air out. If you do not know what this is, it is just what it says..pump,pump,pump and hold. then open the bleeder for just a second so either fluid or air comes out. Close it off and release the brake pedal or lever or clutch lever.

That is all there is to it..

Brake fluid $6 --- Wallmart
Syringe $2.40 ----- WalGreens
Clear Hose --- $.80 --- Lowes

Total --- $9.20

Found this, I think it was here..I"m going to try this one tomorrow.

What ya need:

2. Bleeder wrench

Here is what you do:

First make sure the reservoir is full of fluid, then you will want to put the wrench over the bleeder screw so it is hanging close to the base. Slip one end of the clear line over the nipple on the syringe and the other over the end of the bleeder screw. Open the screw a 1/4 to 1/2 turn. Slowly pull the plunger out of the syringe until it either reaches the top or you see no air bubbles and only fluid. After you do this close the bleeder screw and remove the hose. I dump the old out and start again if needed.

After you get just fluid coming out through the tube close the valve, remove the tube and do the pump, pump, pump and hold method to just get the last bit of air out. If you do not know what this is, it is just what it says..pump,pump,pump and hold. then open the bleeder for just a second so either fluid or air comes out. Close it off and release the brake pedal or lever or clutch lever.

Total --- $9.20

That's an amazingly cheap and simple way to make a very cost effective version of the bleeder the shop will use! Nice work!

Also, be sure not to get any of the brake fluid on the paint. It can eat right through if given enough time.

They can be bled just the same as most any hydraulic brake system. Used a piece of hose on each bleeder running into a container with enough brake fluid to cover the end of the hose. Open/pump, close/release until no air bubbles are seen coming from the hose. If the M/C is dry, simply open the bleeder and let it gravity bleed to get you started. You will have to leave the M/C covers loose to do this, otherwise a vacuum will develop in the M/C and you will be waiting a long time for fluid to show up at the caliper.

What ya need:

2. Bleeder wrench

Here is what you do:

Total --- $9.20

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Thanks I will give it a try
smile.gif
</span><span style='color:purple'></span>

I suggest you take it to a mechanic... Im not too comfortable expirimenting with breaks !!

Back