Top triple clamp ?

C_Henry

Registered
Changing my top triple clamp to an adjustable one. Has anyone done this ? If so, how difficult is this ? Thanks !

Easy to do. Depending on which one you choose, some just replace the top cover and others , like the Pro-machining ones, replace the entire top clamp. Be sure to cover your tank and dash to prevent scratches. Also, if the clamp doesnt come with the tool,and its one that replaces the entire top clamp, you will need the tamper proof torx wrench to remove the ignition . 4 bolts coming up from the bottom of the top clamp can be a pain to remove.Also, remove both bars to prevent damaging wires and hoses when you are doing it.The 4 little chrome buttons come off with a small screwdriver. Just pry them off, they are only caps for the allen bolts. These 4 allen bolts have nuts on the other end. Loosen them up, pull the bolts up, watch out for the rubber/metal spacers that like to fall out of the bottom of the top clamp and lift the clamp off. Be sure to blue locktite all of the bolts when re-assembling it

I dremeled the ignition bolt head off, my triple came with a replacement bolt.

<!--EDIT|paineless4u
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115333797 -->

Got this one from Schnitz, and all that came with it was the top clamp. Guess I'll let the shop do it when they do the 1st service.Thanks guys !

Pardone the ignorance... but what exactly is a top clamp
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

Back