Adjustable Clip-on idea (alternative to Heli/...)

IGOOZ

Registered
Hello everyone!
I just bought a new left over '08 Busa - I sold my BMW sport tourer for a Busa sport tourer...thanks to this site, I received a lot of good advice about using a Soupy's 1" space with stock top clamp and Heli bars to get bike set up for more comfortable riding. BUT, now that I have the bike, I am looking and have thought about an alternative -- NEED YOUR INPUT...

1) The top clamp looks cosmetic and non-functional, it only holds the bars
2) What if I remove the top clamp, slide the forks up 1" and clamp on some fork mounted clip-ons (above the triple clamp)?
3) They make these fully adjustable clip-ons in Europe, and I just need to find one that has the right I.D. to match the Busa's fork O.D. These clip-ons can provide more adjustments than a fixed Heli-bar...

What do you all think? Has anyone tried it?

THANK YOU.

Yep...I think if I understand you correctly. Remove the top clamp and see the ugly lower tree calmp. They do make one piece tree clamps. Then install riser clip ons. The BUSA is a 50mm clip on. See in the classified section..think is GixxerHp that has Gilles clips ons with risers for sale.

Thank you...that is what I was thinking...I can even machine the stock top clamp and bolt it back on to cover the ugly lower tree clamp and use riser clip-ons...

Back