Top Speed Sreetbike Challenge

If things go well at Loring my bike will be running strong for this event, unlike last year when I had to leave it home. :(
I wasn't planning to run it myself but if you N2O boys don't run any faster then last year I might have to make a pass or two! :poke:

Debbie

Good luck there Ken :thumbsup::beerchug:

If you retire ,take a second home in Germany (only summer) and you can do unlimited testing on the Autobahn.

Standing mile is not recomended :lol: (others may go fast too):laugh:

But on sunday mornings you can run some unlimited straights.(depending region up to 4-6 miles long)

Have some good runs :cheerleader: you will do it :thumbsup:
:watching:

so the bikes that run in this event have to be street legal?.....or just registered with DMV?

from their site
"All bikes must have a 2010 tag in your state and the tag must be shown to registration as requested"

The rule is simple, the bike must have a current registration. In order to get a current registration I would assume that you must follow all legal government guidelines to acquire said registration. If you have a valid and current registration then doesn't that mean you're motorcycle is street legal?

My bike has current tags. In NJ to obtain a valid registration you have to provide them documented valid insurance coverage. I could ride around the streets but 1st gear is good for 90+ so idling around the neighborhood isn't really fun.

so the bikes that run in this event have to be street legal?.....or just registered with DMV?

from their site
"All bikes must have a 2010 tag in your state and the tag must be shown to registration as requested"

Well I guess this will give me a reason to go fast one more time this year. Thank youfor another street bike challenge.

The rule is simple, the bike must have a current registration. In order to get a current registration I would assume that you must follow all legal government guidelines to acquire said registration. If you have a valid and current registration then doesn't that mean you're motorcycle is street legal?

My bike has current tags. In NJ to obtain a valid registration you have to provide them documented valid insurance coverage. I could ride around the streets but 1st gear is good for 90+ so idling around the neighborhood isn't really fun.

not really in oklahoma anyway. i could have the most radical unstreet friendly bike in the world and the ok dmv would be none the wiser. no inspections or checks, its up to leo's to ticket us for noncompliances/safety issues.

dont most "street" classes in racing or events like this usually have a mandatory 5mile or so cruise?

no mandatory cruise and race gas is permitted. You could set these bikes to only run on pump gas but that would just mean dialing things back a bit and lower top speeds with more risk of engine problems.

I know for some of the car events that require a parade lap they swap in lower ratio rockers, less timming, etc to cruise around and then swap everything in for race mode. Similar things could be done with a bike so what's the point?

This event is for the king of the street not who's stocker is hair faster. On the real streets there are bikes prowling around that are making lots of power and those are the ones that need to show if they're bike is really fast or just bike night/bench racing hype.
(sorry if that sounded harsh but personaly I don't feel that a bike with slipons should be in contention for the fastest street bike).

no mandatory cruise and race gas is permitted. You could set these bikes to only run on pump gas but that would just mean dialing things back a bit and lower top speeds with more risk of engine problems.

I know for some of the car events that require a parade lap they swap in lower ratio rockers, less timming, etc to cruise around and then swap everything in for race mode. Similar things could be done with a bike so what's the point?

This event is for the king of the street not who's stocker is hair faster. On the real streets there are bikes prowling around that are making lots of power and those are the ones that need to show if they're bike is really fast or just bike night/bench racing hype.
(sorry if that sounded harsh but personaly I don't feel that a bike with slipons should be in contention for the fastest street bike).

Amen, brother, Amen

:beerchug:

The Mustang True Street events don't allow you to even open the hood. So whatever you start the cruise with is what you finish racing with. If you open the hood or pick up a nail on the cruise, you are eliminated...

Back