Too little to push my bike...

Gosh, it's supposed to be in neutral??? If I take the rider course will they show me where neutral is? I mean seriously pple. I have had my M since 87, I am NOT new to m.c. but new to trying to handle a big bike like the 'busa.

Thanks for all your suggestion's. When i am more comfortable with the weight of the bike I will try to power walk it and ,yes, paving the driveway is in the plans,but I can't afford it right now.

(But I can if i sell the 'busa...) LOL :p

I'd just ride it through the gravel, can't be harder riding it through the gravel than it was to ride it through the sand on the beach???

Gosh, it's supposed to be in neutral??? If I take the rider course will they show me where neutral is? I mean seriously pple. I have had my M since 87, I am NOT new to m.c. but new to trying to handle a big bike like the 'busa.

Thanks for all your suggestion's. When i am more comfortable with the weight of the bike I will try to power walk it and ,yes, paving the driveway is in the plans,but I can't afford it right now.

(But I can if i sell the 'busa...) LOL :p

I use the "slow ride/slippin' the clutch" technique to move any running motorycle. I haven't tried to push mine yet and I hope I never have to, but when I have had to push a bike, I agree that the arms are the least of your worries, as the pusing is done with the legs and the back (proper form of course, don't wanna hurt anything). Much like riding, the arms s/b involved only as a means of steering and transferring pushing power - they should not be used to try to generate pushing power.

All things' considered, I would guess that at 5' 4", you are likely at a great disadvantage in terms of getting leverage on the bars while pushing. The only thing you can really do is use good technique and keep your back and legs strong. Oh, and have a lot of patience.

My best advice would be to keep the bike running and use the slow ride technique to get through your driveway/garage path. I have a paved driveway that's about 10 or 15 degree slope down from my garage, where there is a lip to the slab, and I wouldn't wanna have to push my Hayabusa at all, so hats off to you and your determination.

Best of luck!

Back