Too little to push my bike...

theshnizzle

Rainbow of Skittles
Registered
Ok, so i have been working out all winter so I can push my 02 around by myself, but all those pushups seem to have hardly mattered! It's still really hard to push my bike on my soft gravel driveway. I need help to get it over the tiny lip into the garage. Any small gals out there or guys with a "special" technique,share!

I don't want to look silly in front off other's at the Timmy's ( I am very shallow !LOL) but I just don't want to be stuck by myself somewhere with a bike I can't push. BTW, I am 5'4 and around 120 lbs.

Ok, so i have been working out all winter so I can push my 02 around by myself, but all those pushups seem to have hardly mattered! It's still really hard to push my bike on my soft gravel driveway. I need help to get it over the tiny lip into the garage. Any small gals out there or guys with a "special" technique,share!

I don't want to look silly in front off other's at the Timmy's ( I am very shallow !LOL) but I just don't want to be stuck by myself somewhere with a bike I can't push. BTW, I am 5'4 and around 120 lbs.

???

Pushing a bike is all in the legs. Same goes for having to pick it up if you ever drop one. You've got a lot more strength in your legs than you do in your arms.

buy a lighter bike.

Ha,ha. thanks for your support. LOL. I HAVE a lighter bike a CBR 600. It is now my track/winter bike. As for leg strenght I do a lot of squats but I don't think I could pick up my baike in the event of a tipover.

In some of those vids on youtube , the chick that looks like a guy picking up the bike, the bike has huge panniers so the bike isn't even close to the ground. It's alot harder to squat the bike up when your legs are below 90 degees.

Try HGH and anabolics. ;-) JK....Heck I'm 6' 230lb and I have a hard time pushing a busa in gravel. You could always use the motor to get it rolling! lol :rofl:

Pushing it?

Start it and power walk it, let the bike do the work.

Walk next to the bike with it running in first gear. Alittle clutch and throttle control is all you need. It will move along with you just fine through the gravel.

Last edited:
ceramic wheel barings. lowering it will lower the center of gravity make it feel like it wants to tip over less.

Unless the engine is dead, why the hell are you trying to push a 500+lb bike. Like the SilverSurfer said, power walk that beast!
Posted via Mobile Device

Unless the engine is dead, why the hell are you trying to push a 500+lb bike? Like the SilverSurfer said, power walk that beast! On gravel it'll feel squirrely as hell, just take you time and let the bike do the work.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
Back