tom cruise is christ. get real scientology

lurk.gif
I'm sure the Sun is a tabloid, but then again so is most US forms of the media today. I don't think Cruise is going around spreading this word ( pun ).
firedevil.gif

(frisbee @ Jan. 25 2007,00:08) Who will they be praying to when they are dying??
Oh dear God...

Hey wait, I think I answered your question...

Honestly though, I don't have a problem with them. They can believe what they want. I know who I'm gonna answer to when my time comes. I have a very "Don't push your religion on me, I won't push Christianity on you" kinda thinking...

just so everyone is clear....

Scientology is the belief we are covered invisible "Alien bugs" head to toe, and getting rid of them frees us to have a better "clearer" life. This "Religion" was created out of the mind of well published SCIENCE FICTION author L.Ron Hubbard

(WWJD @ Jan. 25 2007,13:57) just so everyone is clear....

Scientology is the belief we are covered invisible "Alien bugs" head to toe, and getting rid of them frees us to have a better "clearer" life.  This "Religion" was created out of the mind of well published SCIENCE FICTION author L.Ron Hubbard
Very True! And..... celebs pay thousands of dollars, in some cases hundreds of thousands of dollars, to acsend to higher levels in Scientology..... sounds like politics to me....paying money to get into high places, oldest scam in the book.

laugh.gif

P.

Well, they didn't actually call him Christ. They put it in quotes ("Christ") and used the term Christ-like to refer to his role as a messenger to the world.

That isn't any different than what any true Christian would say about himself. They attempt to live a Christ-like life and tell the world about Christianity.

Using the word in this way sterilizes it and while that may be a minor blasphemy in and of itself, it's not a major issue, really. Of course, the difference is in the actual message content so therein could be the most major offense.

What WOULD be an issue, would be if they started to say that he is Jesus Christ reincarnated. There're a lot of cults out there which claim that! Moonies are the most prominent, of course. THAT is true blasphemy against Christianity.

--Wag--

wag you bring up an intersting point and very valid.

one day soon we will meet our maker
i will stand before him and confess him as christ, as God, as my saviour, as my lord

i want to live my life like christ as best i can.
but in no way am i christ or would want to be refered to as christ like. i fall far short of the glory of God, i am not worthy to be considered as such.
we can only hope to adapt his sinless nature to ours.
i would be called a person who lived his life for christ as best he could.

the content of this thread has changed from the orginal intent, and it has changed for the better. if anything brings glory to God i am all for it.

Bear in mind, I dind't say that Christians ARE Christ-like, I said, "They attempt to live a Christ-like life . . . ."

The attempt, I think, is what makes the difference. I have met some arrogant Christians who THINK they are Christ-like but, assuming there is a god and he is Christian, I'm sure such people are in for a big surprise!

--Wag--

When I was a cab driver I would often pick them up and take them to there Headquarters here in Florida in downtown Clearwater. They have some very abstract beliefs about religion to say the least. But then again so do orthodox Jews and Jehovah's witnesses . Don't get me wrong I have nothing against either. I often talk theology to people of different religions in search of spiritual enlightenment . For instance a Witness of Jehovah once asked me why anyone would wear a crucifix and if one of you relatives were hung by the neck would you wear a golden noose around your neck to commemorate the occasion . (point taken ) And to worship or pray to anything but jesus/God is Idol worship. That means Statues of the Virgin , Crosses etc..
Those are not my beliefs but it just gives you an Idea how different each religion really is . And they all worship the same ONE GOD . Supposedly

(heavybusa @ Jan. 23 2007,18:20) I am worried about the world we live in.  
all_coholic.gif
I wouldn't worry about the world, we already know the outcome isn't good for this world. The only thing we can do is abandone ship.........it's going down!

Back