Bill Gates does it again

ices_rofl.gif
Does that mean I have a "Microsoft" iPod? Bill Gates is just so evil it's funny. Isn't this the 2nd or 3rd time Apple got shafted by Microsoft?

Bill Gates is one of those "take no prisoner" types in his approach to business. As much as most of us blue-collars hate it... it's the nature of the corporate beast. And it WILL get worse.

Why does Microsoft have to screw Apple over and over and over again??? It's just not fair.
Yeah. your right. in a perfect world it isn't fair.

But Bill Gates did not get where he is by being fair, he got where he is by being extremely shrewd, aggressive and doing what is black and white best from a business stand point.

People can say all the bad things in the world about Bill Gates, and yes, allot of what has made him who he is came from other peoples ideas.

But the end result?

he HAS changed the world. Almost everything is running a windows OS, or some other windows program.

People don't like to admit this, or most don't know this. but the guy has donated millions and maybe billions of dollars to charity organizations AND schools.

Will it benefit him? yeah probably. doesn't matter. a donation is a donation. You can never write off in taxes the entire amount a person donates.

So yes he is shrewd. but he has also been a major player in changing our world..

And when I meant this was hilarious. I could almost imagine the higher echelon at apple and their faces when they first heard the news.

I can imagine the first comment out of someones mouth at apple was probably "YOU HAVE TO BE F'IN KIDDING ME!!!!"

Just wonder if anyone's heads are going to roll at Apple for allowing it to happen.

And on the other side of the coin, wonder who is getting a big fat raise at Microsoft this year
biggrin.gif
I dont imagine Bill Gates has the time to have figured that out, I am sure one of his team of lawyers or one of his CEO's discovered it and came up with the idea.

There's a bunch of info over at slashdot.net from several days ago. If I remember correctly, someone has a year after a product is out to submit a patent. The guy at MS submitted his before the year was up for Apple. The MS guy has had it turned down then denied for which he appealed and it's been turned down yet again. That's also part of the process. Sometimes it gets turned away for clarification several times before it's finally approved so the reports are a little premature.

As to the charity work from The Gates Foundation, I believe it didn't get started until after Bill married Melinda. If not, it wasn't much in the public eye until afterwards at best.

Most of the issues I have with MS is the mindset. They're a bunch of smart folks over there but there aren't many things MS actually created. A high majority of their software was bought or in a few cases, stolen from other companies. So all the talk about 'innovation' is just so much hooey. Innovation isn't absorbing a competitor and merging their code into yours.

Anyway, I'm sure this iPod thing isn't over yet so stay tuned.

Oh, and I started on computers pre Dos, used Dos 1.0, Windows 1.0, MS Net, MS Lan Man, and WNT then went into Unix. Solaris, AIX, Irix, Linux, *BSD, and have a Mac with OS X.

Carl

Back