F1 - interesting

Let 'er eat!

120 mph Busa Dirtbiker
Donating Member
Registered
While watching the race twice yesterday (7:30 am and then again at 9 pm) on Speed channel:
1 - I couldn't find a current figure, but during the race they said that Michael Schumacher's annual salary is second only to Tiger woods in the sports highest paid category.  Michael Schumacher's annual salary hits more than $60 million in this 2001 article I found:
salary article

2 - Recently Valentino Rossi drove an F1 car and was faster than the test driver that same day.  (I'm sure many of you saw the show where Jeff Gordon got to do this). "According to Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport, he completed 20 laps setting a best time of 59.9 seconds. Not bad considering the circuit's lap record is a 56.6."
rossi F1

3 - Tire warmers
temp?

I hope you enjoyed these tibits stay tuned next week as I examine Janet Jackson controversy j/k
smile.gif

" Right you are Duke!" Formula 1 is the most popular and high $ motor sport in the world, just hasnt hit as big in the U.S. - not to mention the insane speed...

Now lets take a look at whats behind door #3 ...
tounge.gif

I used to watch F1 all the time, untill M. Schumacher Started kick the sh*t out of every one, just got so boring seeing him show everyone else how its done.

My Fav Team is Mclaren, driver is Kimi Raikoenen (sp?)
Last year Kimi was like 2 pts behind M. Schumacher not bad considering it was his 2nd yr in F1 ( i think)

Com'on 4 Races in M Schumacher was ever one of them, and has 40 pts total, perfect score

Kimi has 1 pt, D.C. has 4.... Mclaren Has total of 5, Ferrari 64

Would some one just
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif
M. Schumacher cause hes like unstoppable.

guns.gif

guns.gif

Bah, I don't care if Schuwy keeps dominating. I still am just happy enough that it is real racing. Not a canned BS NASCAR artificially close, WWE style, scripted, restrictor plate race.

I figure Micheal has a couple of years left in him then things will start shaking out a little bit. But there will still be a dominant team with a dominant driver...

It was nice to see Jensen Button do so well. Honda has come a long way!!!!
cool.gif

Now if only Williams BMW would do a little something
wow.gif

Bah, I don't care if Schuwy keeps dominating.  I still am just happy enough that it is real racing.  Not a canned BS NASCAR artificially close, WWE style, scripted, restrictor plate race.  

I figure Micheal has a couple of years left in him then things will start shaking out a little bit.  But there will still be a dominant team with a dominant driver...
Ya I hate the Nascrap too but i just wish this was more battles than their is not hell, their isnt any battles Micheasl usually leads from start to finish.....

Bah, I don't care if Schuwy keeps dominating.  I still am just happy enough that it is real racing.  Not a canned BS NASCAR artificially close, WWE style, scripted, restrictor plate race.  

I figure Micheal has a couple of years left in him then things will start shaking out a little bit.  But there will still be a dominant team with a dominant driver...
Ya I hate the Nascrap too but i just wish this was more battles than their is not hell,  their isnt any battles Micheasl usually leads from start to finish.....
Yeah, I get tired of it if they just stay focused on Schuemacher the whole race, but like last Sunday's race they did a pretty good job of focusing on some of the battles that were taking place back in the field.

I want to know what the hell is going on with both Williams BMW and Mercedes... One is not competitive, though it used to be. The other keeps blowing up... WTF? Mercedes needs to get their crap together.

Man those F1 cars rev up high and I can't believe how hard they hammer them - It's amazing any of them hold up for a whole race to me. I want to drive one! I drove a NASCAR through that be-like-petty driving they have at all the tracks and that was a blast except they don't let you go fast enough. The guy I was following keep my speed down to 125 on the Disney track. But still, the cars are unbelievable and turn so nice....

Back