Today I hit 20yrs in the Army

Outstanding! Thank you for your service.

You will find that KNOWING you have now qualified for retirement completely changes how you think about things; I know it gave me peace of mind and I was much more willing to speak out when necessary because I knew I could leave anytime I wanted.

P.S. The retired pay increases dramatically at 22 and 24 years, compared to getting out at 20; unless you have some pressing need elsewhere, recommend you continue your path.

HOOAH!

congrats and welcome to LIFER-ville (22 years and counting for me). AMEN to what skydivr above said about the pension. :beerchug:

Thank you for all you have done and sacrificed - I appreciate your service! Thanks for keeping me and my sons safe.

You should be proud of your acomplishment. Thank you for your service!:bowdown:

Hope you don't get tired of hearing this: congrats and THANK YOU FOR YOUR DEDICATED SERVICE. I for one appreciate it.

Gabusa-congrats on passing the mark! I crossed 15 years back in March and I cannot believe how fast the time passes. How does being over the hump feel? Any thoughts about punching out and collecting your monthly "retirement"?

Also, for all of you active duty folks--you think they should change the name from "retirement" to a name more realistic?

Not thinking of retirement yet. I'm here in AC/RC land right now for 3 years so that will get me son out of HS. Probably leaning for around 26 years.

Appreciate your dedication in service to America. Great lower avatar and the sincerity of the Thomas Paine quote. Wish more people could realize the importance of things like this. Congratulations and thanks again! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

You are a trues hero! My hats off to you, and congrats......THANK YOU....:thumbsup:

True dedication, selflessness and honor....

Here's a beer soldier :beerchug:

Back