to msf instructors

him

"THE HAYABUSA STUNT GUY"
Donating Member
Registered
I have a question for any msf instructors. i'm in the military and stationed in IL, i had trouble getting in a class here so on my vacation to NC i took the Beginner cousre there and i got my plastic card and the one that you take to the dmv for your license. Anyway here in IL if you take the class you just take them your card and presto license. So i get back from my trip and set in the freakin license office for about 3 hrs. When my turn finlly comes up i tell the guy i here for my license and whip out the card. So he looks at me like a dumbass and says he cant accept it. So i ask why and he says that since its from another state he cant accept it. I'm no geinus but the class in NC teaches the same stuff the Class here teaches, so why cant i get my license. Is there a form or something i can submit to get my license or am i just screwed

That's actually fairly standard.. I know that's how it works between Washington and Oregon..
It's not that big of a deal.. take the driver's test at the DMV, and you should still get the discount on your insurance no matter what state you take it in..

si.

DMV's - Go to Edwardsville and get taken care of there. You will only have to wait for about 15-20 minutes. Much friendlier people there also.

MSF is free in IL. If you can get into the classes. BAC has them. If you can talk to one of the instructors they may not make you re-take the course. Hey it's worth a shot.

Go to our web site and sign up, if you haven't all ready. We are headed to Hannibal, MO tomorrow. Meeting at Fastlane Clasic Cars in St. Charles between 9:00 and 9:30.

Later,

Steve

I didnt really want to take the course over again cause i spent 75 bucks to take it through the college in nc. It just doesnt make any sense, All classes teach the same thing, just dont get it.

Thats what I would do, just find your local MSF and talk to an instructor. Go meet him somewhere, show him your documentation and see if he will give you a new certificate of completion and whatever you need for your endorsement.

Just a thought... But the Instructor Lunch or something...

Thats what I would do, just find your local MSF and talk to an instructor.  Go meet him somewhere, show him your documentation and see if he will give you a new certificate of completion and whatever you need for your endorsement.

Just a thought...  But the Instructor Lunch or something...
Or, kill him, use his hand to write your own certificate, then hide the body where nobody will find it. That way when you are questioned about it, you can honestly say he wrote it. They won't be able to find him to investigate so you win by default.
biggrin.gif

Ok, maybe Rev's idea is better.
wink.gif

i went by and talked to the instructor, she told me to just go and take the driving test, and she said she didnt know why they would accept the card. BulletTrain... you need help.

I don't know of any state that you can just transfer certificates/documents and get a license...So you will have to take the test for the state your in unless you go back to the state where you took the course...
evil.gif

There's no way im going back to nc (14hr drive) get my license ill just bite the bullet and take the test.

I dunno that doesn't sound right... Try contacting the MSF directly, Get a hold of an HMFIC somewhere and see if you get the same answer. It's not like the MSF is a Government agency, or anything. Now it could be that your Home state just doesn't honor the MSF certificates for endorsements and that would be something else to let the MSF know about...

Or, kill him, use his hand to write your own certificate, then hide the body where nobody will find it. That way when you are questioned about it, you can honestly say he wrote it. They won't be able to find him to investigate so you win by default.
biggrin.gif
Ahhhh BT -

I see you are on a carb loading phase today, feeling a little on the aggressive side eh? lol

I dunno that doesn't sound right...  Try contacting the MSF directly, Get a hold of an HMFIC somewhere and see if you get the same answer.  It's not like the MSF is a Government agency, or anything.  Now it could be that your Home state just doesn't honor the MSF certificates for endorsements and that would be something else to let the MSF know about...
When i spoke with the lady she told me that illinois might not honor it because they actually off the class as a state and they monitor whats being thought. Then i ask her dont they teach the same things and she tells me yes so i dont know i figure to just go do their stupid course, not worth getting any gray hair over

Back