Tires for the busa

badassbusa03

I have a busa and might start modding it
Donating Member
Registered
I have 11200 miles on an '03 and i have replaced the tires once (at 5500 mi). I went with a Bridgestone BT014 on front and a BT010 on the rear. I have some mixed feelings with the Bridgestones now, and was wondering what you guys run and what would be the best tires for not too much money.

Also, not sure if it was on here, or in a book at the house, but i read that not all 190 tires are not true 190 in size. If this was link on here, can someone help point me in the right direction to it?

Also, what is the average life expectancy of tires on a Busa? Am I doing good averaging 5500 miles per set? If not, what should i be getting? I dont do a lot of burn-outs on it, however I do get on it hard a good bit. I dont do hard curves alot either, so it is mainly the center of my rear that goes quickest. The front  seems to be well rounded on wear across the entire tire.

<!--EDIT|badassbusa03
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150829967 -->

lurk.gif

Try using the SEARCH button (upper right).

I went with the Dunlop Qualifiers. Took a long trip recently and they seem to do great in the wear department. They are also very sticky. Pretty good combination IMO. Others have good luck with the Michelins. I ride with a group where they have changed out to the Conti Road Attacks. They seem to be a lot like the Dunlop. Good wear for the money.

did 2 sets of Continental Force MAX and am trying a set of Metzler Z6's now... Conti's are good rubber. They last pretty good and stick good with lots of side wall to lean over

The Z6's, I'll get back to you.

Ran donlop 208,s, Metzler M1, M3,s ,and just put pilot powers on this pas sat., won,t know the milage on the powers for a couple a months, but the rest has been roughly 3000 miles on the rears.

Back