tire puncture in front- repair or replace?

OB_bimmerbusa

Registered
While waxing my front fender i noticed a piece of spring steel embedded in my front tire. Well i pulled it out. about 1/2" was in the tire. If I put water in the spot it bubbles very slightly. Should I replace this tire for safety? or is there a way to repair it. At speeds of 150mph i think replacing it is the way to go. how much are these tires anyway. aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgghhhhhhhh!

Replace it.
A replacement BT56J front can be had for under $100.
Safety should be your primary concern. First, Last, Always.
The money does you no good if you're not around to spend it.
EZ

If its just a pin hole u can use a tire repair kit ... Mezler makes good ones, is the hole in the middle or at the side? Coz if its at the side my advice is that u get the tire changed coz when u corner all the forces/pressures are acting on the side which could cause the plug to fly off. Whats more the tire pressures for the Busa is 42psi each .... very high pressured as compared to other bikes. Anyway a punture is more critical if its in the rear coz dats where all the ponys are working on ...

Terence

Hang it from a tree in your yard and let your pitbull tear it up! Thats what its good for now.Penny wise and dollar foolish will get you killed.Buy a new one!

Sorry, but the front is MUCH MORE CRITICAL than the rear, as the bike will not handle well at all with a flat front and losing a tire under braking is a lot more dangerous than losing one under accelleration.

Try a can of Fix-a-Flat if that don't work go to the local bicycle shop and get some bicycle tire patches, they always work well. If you are still not having any luck you can try to glue the hole with Crazy glue. I did this once and rode the tire to 170 mph with no problem, just remember not to run through any nail polish remover as this will dissolve the Crazy glue and the tire will deflate. On my new bike I installed a large magnet in front of the rear tire and it picks up any metal objects and prevents flats. I can install one on your bike for $3795.52 just send me your Visa or Mastercard # and expiration date.

Anyone that tells you to try to fix it with "crazy glue", "fix a flat", etc is CRAZY... don't take a chance... replace that tire... even plugging a tire should be considered a temporary fix... just to get you home... this is a high performance motorcycle... two wheels only, not four... lose one and you're F'ed.

Can't say much about the front tire... But i got a nail in my rear tire the very first time I rode my Busa from the dealer. Well, I got a plug in it and lasted 4,000 miles. I even went 190 plus with that tire and nothing happened... I guess it depends on how much you value life.

If you care about the stuff you eat, don't smoke or drink, and exercise regularly, then get it change... But if you don't give a damm about any of that, obviously you don't give a damm about yourself, in which case, go ahead and ride with that tire... and real fast too...

Back