Tire pressure for the track

am attending CSS next month ...any idea on the tire pressure for track use

That's COLD pressure, by the way. Charlie is on the money; He, Tiller and I have used this pressure as a baseline for trackdays for years with these tires and it's given us great traction.

Give yourself 2-3 laps for them to warm up before you gouge on them hard, and any track temp about 50 degrees F...under that use caution.

I ran Dunlop Q3's and had two cold tire incidents last year resulting in very minor front end tucks. My pressures were 28f/24r. Make sure to do two slow laps to get tire temps up and/or use tire warmers. I went back to tire warmers and ran Dunlop 211's at 28f/20r with warmers and have been happy ever since.

Isn't the front end "mushy" with the pressure that low? Seems like turn in on the busa would be very sleepy.

I think staff at CSS will suggest tire pressures at the beginning of the day. If not, feel free to ask and you will get the best advice for those immediate conditions and for your bike. I assume this is your first level class, and in this case you will not be riding that aggressively, so don't worry about it. Set your pressure to mid 30's on both tires - you won't need higher than that. Once you know what's recommended, just let some air out - this way, you don't have to deal with adding air and needing a compressor.

Have fun and let us know how it went, what did you learn, etc.

Isn't the front end "mushy" with the pressure that low? Seems like turn in on the busa would be very sleepy.

At 30 cold, it's going to run 33-34 hot, and no it's not mushy until you get down in the 20's in the front...

I ran with Q2's at 29 cold, two good warm up laps and with my tire pressure sensor in front of me I could see you had to have at LEAST 1 good warm up lap and then depending on the outside air temps maybe 2 laps.... whatever you do don't go out with anything over 33 or it will get really slick when your tires heat up if you start to lean in..

Battlax is not a tire, it is a line of tires made by Bridgestone. What kind of Battlax tire?

dunlop battlax

img_category_03.jpg

Back