Tire on backward, part 2

How would that front tire throw water from it's contact patch if it were installed the correct way?
I don't get it.???
as the tire rotates currently....the tread pattern would force the water towards the center of the tire....increasing the risk of hydroplane.

normally, the tread squeezes the water away from the center.

How would that front tire throw water from it's contact patch if it were installed the correct way?
I don't get it.???
as the tire rotates currently....the tread pattern would force the water towards the center of the tire....increasing the risk of hydroplane.

normally, the tread squeezes the water away from the center.
you mean the way his tire is installed in the pic above with the arrow facing against the clock and his tread pattern facing the same way as his rear tire? I have not installed my tires yet but went in the garage to look at them. Both tire arrows facing the same would make the treads face opposit
each other. If the rear treads would allow water to be channeled away from the center wouldn't the front channel it towards the center of the tire if we went by the arrows facing in the same direction?(treads facing opposit).

You guys are right- arrow on tire and arrows on wheel both point the wrong direction. I guess the wheel does mount either direction symmetrically...
so after all of this.......you put the wheel on backwards?
rock.gif

tread on tire is there to channel water and dissipate heat. If you never ride in the rain forget about it.....otherwise just be sure to check your hardware next time.
No, DEALER put tire on backward- just got home from them turning it around.

As for bedding in brakes, bike is used, and I rode on the stock Batlax until last Saturday when the dealer fubared. It's all good now....

By the way, when Quals are mounted properly, tread pattern if you are looking at top of tire looks like an arrow pointing towards the center of the bike. Back tire points toward front, front tire points toward back. How's THAT for a mind-blower?!? Only thing that makes sense is that tread corresponds to force vector for acceleration in back and deceleration in front. Any geniuses in residence who can validate this hypothesis? Cause I'm clueless if THAT doesn't work...
biggrin.gif

Back