Tire on backward, part 2

Shibumi

Donating Member
Registered
Okay, you tell me-pics are all from right side of bike, back tire arrow on Qualifier points clockwise, arrow on front points counter-clockwise. However, pics of tread show it aligned the same, pattern looking at back of each tire appears like arrow pointing upward. Is front tire backward, or not?!?

Front tire-

Front.JPG

Tread on front will look 'opposite' of the rear.

Your front tire is on backwards; the arrow is correct.

Here's a pic of my front tire - you'll see that the tread 'points' to the rear of the bike:

P6140058__Small_.JPG

Here's a pic of the rear - the tread 'points' to the front of the bike
(hard to tell from the side-shot)

P6140057__Small_.JPG

Yes the front is on backwards!!!! However,,, all you have to do is remove the wheels and turn it around!!!

the arrow on the tire should match the arrow cast on the rim (look) on all three spokes for arrow.
I dunno bout the reversing the wheel.... I am unsure if the grease seals and everything are identical on both sides (I am out of town so I can't look)

But either way...dealer fugged up....they should be held accountable just for the sake of "teaching". It could be a new tech in the back not realizing the countless mistakes the he/she might be making.
At 30.00+ per rim (off the bike) that most places are getting these days for a mount/balance job (unless you buy the tires there as well)...they need to do it correctly. That price I quoted is the lowest in my area even if the wheels are off the bike.

Yes the front is on backwards!!!! However,,, all you have to do is remove the wheels and turn it around!!!
down.gif
 Now why didn't I think of that!?!?  
down.gif

I'm still laughing at myself for not thinking of that SIMPLE solution!  
tounge.gif
Usually the front brake rotors are drilled a certain direction to help drain water for wet stops, and if you swap rotors from one side to the other you may have brake probs as those are floating rotors, and each sides going to wear a little diff with the brake pads. There's a reason the arrows on the rim...it means the rim as well as the tire need to face forward. Don't half-ass it...get the tire on there right
wink.gif

down.gif

I just put the Qualifiers on my bike a few weeks ago. I just went out to look and omslaw hit it right with his directions and pics.

You guys are right- arrow on tire and arrows on wheel both point the wrong direction. I guess the wheel does mount either direction symmetrically...

You guys are right- arrow on tire and arrows on wheel both point the wrong direction. I guess the wheel does mount either direction symmetrically...
so after all of this.......you put the wheel on backwards?
rock.gif

tread on tire is there to channel water and dissipate heat. If you never ride in the rain forget about it.....otherwise just be sure to check your hardware next time.

If you turn the tire around dont you have to either take it easy since the rotors will be on different sides therefor not "bedded in" or swap the brake pads around??
rock.gif

How would that front tire throw water from it's contact patch if it were installed the correct way?
I don't get it.???

Back