Tire Cupping

Mac Daddy

Registered
<span style='font-family:times'><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>I posted this in "General" and realized I was in the wrong place.

I'm on my second front tire in less than a year. The new front tire has been on only since the end of January and I can see some cupping starting on the left side. The last one wore down in a matter of five months, and was worn excessively on the left side. I noticed some cupping on that one too. I had some "mechanics" at the local dealership look at the front forks. They said they didn't find anything wrong, and that it's probably the crowning of the road I travel on. Its possible since I commute on the same freeways, but doubtful. I am wondering if anyone out there has had similar problems with their 'Busa. I use the original factory tire to save on wear, the Bridgestone Battlax BT012F. Any input would be greaty appreciated. Thx.

Jim</span></span></span>

Cupping could be from several sources. The two common ones would be frequent and hard use of the front brakes, and insufficient tire pressure (particularly with lots of highway driving). 'my 2cents...

I would also have to guess your tire pressure is to low. My last front tire cupped pretty badly and it was low on air.

months don't mean crap how about some mileage?
rock.gif
??

Back