Ticking noise on new 06 busa

DeRos

Registered
Howdy ya'll. I'm a new Busa owner, just got it thursday, I've put 425 miles on her.

yesterday (saturday) I noticed a ticking noise that wasnt there the 1st 300 miles, it's taken me a while to narrow down where it is, 1st I thought it was low end 2nd after removing the right faring I thought it was under the gas tank and now after riding off and on all day and being positive that Im not being paranoid I have no idea where exactly it's coming from sounds like it's toward the bottom and sounds like a noisey lifter or something I've been reading through the forums and the closest thing I've read to explaining it is a cam chain tensioner. and no it doesnt go away after it's warmed up infact it's more pronounce when warm.

Im wondering if this is normal on a brand new bike? is it safe to keep riding cause it sounds like it's getting worse. I cant take it to the dealer until Tuesday cause they are closed.

can anyone help Im heartbroken overhere

<!--EDIT|DeRos
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146457932 -->

I have been hearing the same thing. I just had mine in for its first service and they did not say anything about it. I am up to about 8oo miles on it now and so far so good. Still have that ticking noise! I am a little relieved to see I am not the only one. Hopefully someone will have an answer!
rock.gif

Don't know for sure...but louder after warm up sounds odd...just take it to your dealer if your real worried, your still covered if theres something wrong...

Welcome on board...
I wouldn't worry too much..
Busa's tend to be a bit noisy...

A ticking noise is useally the cam chain tensioner but it's not as loud after warm up.....

yep, that's sure sign of a wussy break in. bet you didnt run her hard at all those first 200 miles huh? i would also say you havent changed the oil yet either eh???

just kiddin man
biggrin.gif
most all of em make that racket
wink.gif

Sounds to me that you have one valve with too much clearance---- shim under bucket under the valve cover....mine ticks ever so slightly-- just one--- if it were louder i would reshim it.
Maybe redline that badboy once or twice-- it might go away--hope it doesn't blow up-- shouldn't.

ok so there are 2 ticking noises, one under the gas tank which I assume is the common busa tick which I can live with and one coming from what sounds like somewhere around the oil filter, thats with the farings on so it may be throwing me off, however when I put my ear close to the tail pipes I can hear the tick through them, so I am assuming this is probably from the header being loose or something, I'll be taking it to the dealer again tomorrow but last time I took it there they basically told me bunk, is this loose header a common problem and where do I go to tighten it? is it where the pipes mount up to the engine, because I threw a allen wrench on those and they all seemed tight, I didnt try to hard on them though.

Just throwing this in the mix but is it like having a new car engine where once you start to break it in an run it it just ticks from engine parts getting hot and cold. Kind of like when you turn off your car engine and you here it tick form temperature changes in the new engine.

DeRos, You wouldn't happen to be bald would you? You wouldn't happen to have a shiny new black busa would you? Stop worrying about the ticking and go find yourself a woman!!! hehehe:D

Shake Rattle and roll............. that's what they do best.........
wink.gif

And of course frighten the living Jesus out of ya...

<!--EDIT|BUSA-MAN 24-7
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146599952 -->

i had the same ticking then when i hit about 860 miles and i started to ride her harder and harder it goes away but i hear evey now and then dont sweat it let it be and open that baby up. gotta live life in the redline....lol:;):

Mine sometime ticks like a clock, so don't worry. And yes, the exhaust will "tick," especially after the bike's turned off. Hot metal expands and contracts.

Got a stand...? Set her up, start her up, let her run and ISOLATE... run until the fan comes on, then kill from the switch (not key) and see if the noise is still there.

sounds to me like a lifter problem aka lazy lifter on cars I would say thats it either way its a 4 stroke engine

Back