ticking noise when running help

busaonboost

Registered
Ok the bike im talking about is my 06. It has 3300 miles on it. Ive had it since new. The bike was broken in correct and all. I have about 4 oil changes on it so im up on that. But my issue is for some reason im hearing this ticking noise when it is running and reving. So my first though was to drain the oil and see if there was any metal in it. I went as far a putting it through a coffee filter to catch anything that might come out and there wasnt anything so i think that get me off my worst fear of it being a rod or a bearing. So that leads me to belive that it could be valves or the cam chain. I do ride the bike rather hard but i dont ride it often. It does it when im riding and when its in neutral. Ive read on the org that gen1 are noisy to begin with but i just want to make sure before something bad happens. So for all of you hayabusa guru out there please chime in your thought and opinions on what you think it could be. And what i need to look for. Thanks again!!

cam chain adjuster
cam bucket clearnace

seeing that you don't have alot of miles I would doubt it's your valve clearance but you never know.

Thank you commuta_busa for as much as you are able to help me I wish I had a reason to go to New Jersey so I could buy you lunch. You have been able to help me with alot as well as alot of other people on here. Thank you!

They're pretty noisy. Have someone who's been on a Busa for a while listen to it and see if it's just the normal power plant racket.

:D

--Wag--

thats the thing even though az you can ride all year around there are no hardcore hayabusa guys out here. Its somewhat disapointing

Could be the fuel injectors...they are electronic and if you have stock exhaust, you can hear them tick.

no i know its not the injectors i took a stethoscope to the motor and thats were it is comming from but i dont know from were

Back