Throttlemiester

The bar end on the throttle side turns, pushing on the throttle grip and holding it open. You can still move the throttle with it engaged - in case you needed to close it suddenly - but it will hold the throttle open if you don't apply too much force. You only need to turn the bar end half - 3/4 of a turn to engage. Slick.

Really well made, easy to install and reduces vibes.
smile.gif

This sound like a good product, my make-shift Cruise Control only works up to about 70 mph. The fast idle only wanted to be adjusted to approx 4500 rpm and since i have 16/42 gears that is bareley the local hwy speed. This will be a good alternative. Thanks for the info

I am thinking about this mod. Sometimes my wrist feels like it is about to fall off on the long rides.

I was looking into getting one as well but someone pointed me to a Caterpiller O-ring. I haven't picked up one yet, but for just a few bucks, it's worth a try.

Carl

catring.jpg

cant even think of using one of those in india.. with all the unorganised traffic and stuff
blush.gif

I was looking into getting one as well but someone pointed me to a Caterpiller O-ring. I haven't picked up one yet, but for just a few bucks, it's worth a try.

Carl
Hey Carl where can you get an O-ring like that...
Near as I can tell, you go to the Caterpillar web site (http://www.cat.com), locate a close by dealer and go get it. It's advertised at about 3 bucks and you can get a yellow or black one. Bring the part number as listed above.

If you google search the part number, you'll find a lot of bike sites that recommend this. One place warns that you have to have bar ends so it sounds like a good inexpensive solution.

Carl

I had decided I wasn't gonna take any long trips anymore until I saw the Throttle Miester thing. I love these things!!! They do make all the difference in the world and put the enjoyment back in long distance riding. I put'em on my 02 Busa AND my ZX11... won't ride without 'em.... of course, my poor wrists are now 55 years old too:blush:

Back