A new twist (pun intended) on

Quick money saving tip. if ya don't want to buy the impact screwdriver, Grab the bar end firmly with your bare dry hand and twist the bar end counterclockwise. It will pop the screw loose easily without ANY possible way of messing up the screw head.
wink.gif
Hmmm, yeah, that didn't work for me!

Nice pics and walkthrough. I never thought about trimming the friction sleeve itself, but as you've shown, it looks like that works just as well as shaving the plastic ridge on the throttle. Still think this is one of the best mods I've done on mine.

There is an electronic cruise control available for the price of TM. and it really works. Audiovox I believe.
That mod is last on my list....  I kinda like twisting....
laugh.gif
hmm, got a link for that one
rock.gif

I've toyed with getting something like this but got some sweet bar ends from Warbaby at one of the last bashes, nice and heavy, polished, look great!

I would enjoy keeping them if I can do an electronic cruise
cool.gif

There is an electronic cruise control available for the price of TM. and it really works. Audiovox I believe.
That mod is last on my list....  I kinda like twisting....
laugh.gif
hmm, got a link for that one
rock.gif

I've toyed with getting something like this but got some sweet bar ends from Warbaby at one of the last bashes, nice and heavy, polished, look great!

I would enjoy keeping them if I can do an electronic cruise
cool.gif
I did a search after Vic posted the info. Here is just one place that sells the Audiovox. Link

You could install both and use Throttlemeister just in case the Audiovox stopped working for some reason. Throttlemeister bar ends are nice even without using them as a throttle locking device.

In your case, Zuk, just install the Audiovox and keep the bar ends you have.

<!--EDIT|EastCoast
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136573385 -->

thanks ! and its not too $$ either bout $100 I might have to get one and see how it works
cool.gif

ok, not sure if thats really a motorcycle one after further review... I emailed them to find out
cool.gif

good stuff... seems to indicate some vacuum lines.... does the busa have any since its not a carb model? says you dont need them but just curious

sorry, didnt mean to jack the thread
wink.gif

I tryed the Audiovox on my baby this week. I got it to work but power to weight ratio on the busa is really to high. The cruise hunts up and down from the set point. My best guess is that the adjustments it makes are too coarse unless you put a REALLY long bell crank on it. Even then I’m not sure you could make it long enough not to hit the air box before it would work. I gave up when I figured I'd have to start drilling the factory bell crank to put a lever on it. This was too much for me. Oh and before anyone asks. Yes I had a vacuum canister and I did turn the sensitivity down on the cruise.

good on ya...nice pics!!  I'm trying to decide if i want to get the polished ends or the regular ones...cant make up my mind....
Whichever you go for get the heavy ones. I didn't weigh them but my guess is that they're about the same as the stock... maybe a bit heavier.

I went with polished because I had ideas of painting them with Duplicolor Metalcast to give them an anodized look in red or their new smoke color. Link
nice job! i'm planning on doing this mod soon and will defintly follow your lead. i like to keep things stock as possible also. good link on the paint. let us know how that turns out!

Has anyone powder coated these? Would like them in black, but don't see the option on their site.

Back