Throttlemeister

Dr Geekenstein

Registered
Hi All

N E 1 put a Throttlemeister CC on their 'Busa, and if so, how do they perform, in particular, does the compression that happens when you engage it damage anything at all, also does it affect the feel of the throttle ?

N E downfalls at all ??

Thanks for N E input

Peace

Every one I've known to do it, on any bike, says it is wonderful. Looking to do it myself, one I get a few more things out of the way.
wink.gif

Several ways to achieve the same results without spending a fortune..... JCheese has one great idea using the fast idle adjustment lever. Prop tank, Locate stop tab, bend and restore..... Or use a Catapillar (tractor) O-ring part # 8M4991 cost about $3......

they work great for me, and I love the bling effect of the large chrome bar ends. The heavy ones help reduce vibration.

I have the stainless (heavy) TMs. I don't have much vibration into the handgrips. You forget that you have the throttle lock....until you need it. It is completely out of the way. I have not had any problems with wear - to answer your question. There is no movement when the unit is engaged, so no wear.

Pretty straight-forward installing the TM. I used 2 washers spacers on mine. Takes a few tries to get the technique down in getting the cruise engaged properly.

Excellent addition to the bike. I liked it so much, I bought one for my wifes bike as well. She uses it all the time. Great product.

I bought the polished option, normal weight. It works very well. I had a little problem getting the stock bar ends off. They must have loctited the damn screws in. Had to drill on out. It works well and dresses up the bars quite a bit.

anyone have a problem getting the cruise to stay at a certain speed.....man I set it and then go down a slight and I mean ever so slight hill and I start gaining speed and the motor with so much hp and torque stays at that speed from then on....it would honestly gain like 30mph in a 5mi stretch of hilly area.

From Throttlemeister site:

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:firebrick'>Warning!!!</span></span>

As with any part or accessory on a motorcycle, improper installation and/or use of the Throttlemeister could cause SERIOUS INJURY or DEATH.

Riding a motorcycle is a inherently dangerous activity, and as such should be treated with utmost respect.

The Throttlemeister should never be used by inexperienced riders.

Before riding, become acquainted with the operation of the Throttlemeister.

Inform anyone who is going to use your cycle that the Throttlemeister is installed and how to disengage it.

Do not use in traffic.

Do not use in a residential or urban area.

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Do not use in any situation where precise throttle control is needed.</span>

Never take your hands off the handlebars.

If you have any reservations about using the Throttlemeister please return it to us for a full refund.

Always wear a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing when riding.

I love mine... Got the Stainless heavy ones. I do fun handless tricks. Like standing and turning to wave to other riders. It is a blast. I love seeing the looks on other riders faces when I am riding up hill screaming, "look ma... No hands!"

:laugh:

the other night I set mine at about 45mph and slid back the back seat....I was "giving" myself a ride only there was no driver....all the passing cars were giving me "the look" I was laughing so hard it was great.

Back