Throttle sensor U/S or something worse after PC V fitted

djb3nj1

Registered
Hi all :)

Had a Power commander V fitted today rode it home and it was fantastically smooth. Roughly two hours after parking it up it started it and let it warm up.............. it was up to temp and then gave symptoms of fuel starvation and cut out, I restarted it run up as normal but cut out with same symptoms. Was a hot day so let it cool and disconnected PC V. (NOW COLD) -Same symptoms, fuel pump is priming, checked TPS sensor via CODE read out thingy on dash(technical to the last) https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/images/smilies/laugh.gifit gave a high bar TPS position when it should be in the middle. So I adjusted it buuuuuuut its either high or low. Would this cause the problems, also anyone got ideas on how I can reduce coolant temp because the hoses are melting to the fairing?

Many thanks all

Ride Safe

2000 Y Model
K&N
Scorpion cans
PC V
Unhappy (at present) owner

The gen1's are known to run hot, and there are a few ways to add a second radiator fan, that's how to fix the heating issue.
As for melting fairings, that's a little extreme. I would check to make sure the thermostat is opening.
You can always add a finned aluminum tube in-line on the radiator hose(s) also, good for a couple degrees cooler.
As for the pc, it should not have caused your problem, anything's possible, but more likely a coinsidence.
Check to see if you're getting fuel at the fuel rail if you already think it's a lack of fuel.
99/00 and the 01 are known for fuel pump failure and clogged fuel filters.

cool should'nt be fuel filter as fitted a new one about 6 weeks ago, sad to say its the truth about engine temp. One of the reasons I had PCV fitted was the suspect of rich air/fuel causing over heat, Am gonna replace thermostat as a matter of course and I've heard a honda accord fan switch can help so will try that.

Thank you for your help :)

Lift the tank slowly and check the fuel lines aren't kink and make sure the air temp sensor is still plugged in...any fault codes shown on the dash.
The hoses melting to the plastics can be solved with overbraiding etc or get another piece of hose the next bore size and cut a length to fit the hose problem area.
Split the piece length wise and clip it over the original hose like a bandage...trim some hose away if needed.

Wouldn't too lean make it overheat??

Yes, but with just slip-ons and an air filter it shouldn't be lean enough to overheat.
The problem remains even with the Power Commander disconnected.
If the engine was overheating from being lean, it would likely be ruined.

Back