throttle adjustment question

minsc_tdp

Registered
So I've had the typical idle problems, where it drops after a month or two and needs to be adjusted. Did it myself this time, dialed it in just right, idles at 1100 when warmed up fully.

Only problem is now, when starting cold, it idles around 800 and the choke (fast idle) lever, it does nothing!

I thought I saw an adjustment screw for that too, hard to reach but will that make any difference? I had to crank up the idle screw quite a bit, so is it normal to have to increase this too?

Might want to adjust up to about 1200... also, when the bike is warm, pull the fast idel lever to see if it drives up the pms at all... it is possible to have to adjust both...

If your choke (fast idle) is not bringing up the RPM as you say,then you need to adjust this for sure. When I turn my enrichineron,it idles at about 2000 RPM..

The sequense I use it to adjust throttle cable play at the grip,then the Idle itself,then I make sure that my fast idle is working.

HtH's

Sounds like the cable came off the T Body! Did you adj it at the cable by the lever?
all_coholic.gif

Is this sys an enrichner or just a mechanical lever that holds the air flaps open in the throttle body's? Hope this helps. There is some adj @ the lever too!  
beerchug.gif

AOL.com Images Not Available

(minsc_tdp @ Sep. 30 2006,16:54) So I've had the typical idle problems, where it drops after a month or two and needs to be adjusted.  Did it myself this time, dialed it in just right, idles at 1100 when warmed up fully.

Only problem is now, when starting cold, it idles around 800 and the choke (fast idle) lever, it does nothing!

I thought I saw an adjustment screw for that too, hard to reach but will that make any difference?  I had to crank up the idle screw quite a bit, so is it normal to have to increase this too?
The "fast idle" should be adjusted to 2000-2500 RPM
wink.gif

Back