Shifter adjustment question

macbusa

Registered
Installed Buell footpegs and need to drop the shifter down some.

I loosened the bolt that screws into the clamp on the shifter. I moves away from the bike about 1/4" inch and stops like its stuck.

Am I missing something? It looks like I need to take the shifter off the shaft to turn it for adjustment. Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, you need to remove the bolt. Then move the clamp one or two teeth and put it back together. Make sure you tighten the bolt well and use some Loctite. It will be a little easier to shift once the shifter is in the correct position...

David

I had the bolt loosened as far as it would go and still could not move the clamp. Does the clamp come off the shaft or should I be able to move the clamp on the shaft?

Remove the bolt fully. Then remove the clamp and move it 1 or 2 teeth as needed. Then replace the clamp and the bolt.
Remember to use Loctite and your set.

David

you dont have to pull that bracket off at all... if you loosen the two ends (jam nuts) of the metal rod that goes from the shifter lever back to the one with the "teeth" on it it spins allowing you to adjust the shifter up or down...I had to hold the rod in a rag with a pair of pliers so i wouldnt gouge it with the pliers trying to hold it while i loosened both ends... i had to do the same thing when i installed buell foot pegs...

Back