Three PAIR Valve Options???

twistyrider

Registered
I'm brand new to this board and I just bought an '04 'Busa (pearl black and purple) with the Yosh RS-3 cans. I've got the backfire problem and have read the posts and threads on the PAIR valve removal. Seems like there are three options and I wanted to get some feedback on which one seems to do the best job.

First there's the complete PAIR removal with the Brocks (or other) plates. Benefits seem to include weight savings (ha ha), and completely eliminates the problem. Downside is it is very labor intensive. In this case, I've read where some have taken off the crankcase breather tube and attached a small K&N breather filter.

Second, I've read about the "marble" solution--just jamming a marble in the tube from the airbox to the PAIR and reattaching. Is anything else required here--like removing the vacuum hose and plugging it up? Benefits are obviously ease of "deinstallation." Any downsides?

Third, I've read where someone suggested routing the crankcase breather tube from the airbox to the PAIR valve, and just blocking off the tube that runs from the airbox to the PAIR. Again, anything else required here--like removing the vacuum hose? Benefits are like #2 above? Any downsides?

Thanks for any insights. I'd really like to get this solved. The backfiring is irritating, and if any of the above offer some sort of performance gain, that would be a nice benefit too.

depends on what you call labor intensive. Its easy to get at the pair system if you are installing a new exhaust. Not so easy to get at if you aren't installing a new exhaust, but still feasable. Just get rid of the damn thing and save yourself any headaches that will arrive later down the road.

The easiest way to fix the back firing is the marble method....just plug the line and your done.
wink.gif

Welcome to the board
biggrin.gif

...I suggest you implement the "marble" solution! Cause you have the exhausts already installed on the bike... it makes no sense to go for the brokes kit, until of course you want to reduce the weight of the bike by 2 lbs.

The "marble" solution is a 10 minute solution to your back firing problems ;
smile.gif
:

Dont forget the hose or line going to the # 4 throttle body.Needs to be plugged as well.

Marble solution may be the best since you're not doing the exhaust as well. As far as the block off plates being labor intensive, it's not at all.

Postie needs some advice:

who makes a good pair valve block off kit? (name and website please, if you have it).

Thanks!

Tom.

Postie needs some advice:

who makes a good pair valve block off kit? (name and website please, if you have it).

Thanks!

Tom.
Got my BDE kit from Tom (WarBaby) at <a href="http://www.veltune.com">Veltune<a>.

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114611554 -->

Back