Blocking the pair valve

wizeguy

Registered
Can I just block the tube coming from the airbox to the valve or do i have to remove the whole thing. I am not concerned with the weight, just want to make sure I am not damaging my bike with yoshi bolt on's and the pair valve still on.

with this mod... is the only thing you need to do is block the one tube on the right of the air box with a marble?

will this stop the low end stumble?

Depends on what other mods you have done, but the stumble that the PAIR can cause with some aftermarket bolt-ons or full exhausts will go away.

Just doo the marble until you do a full exhaust system. I takes longer top prop the tank than it does to pull the hose, push in a marble and put the hose back.

Did Smaug a world of good. NO back fires even when dropping off from 8k!

Just doo the marble until you do a full exhaust system.  I takes longer top prop the tank than it does to pull the hose, push in a marble and put the hose back.

Did Smaug a world of good.  NO back fires even when dropping off from 8k!
what about the small hose going to the #4 t-body,from the pair, itself?
do I need to block this off? or will blocking the big hose from the air box take care of everything.

is this marble trick something for full aftermarket exhausts or is it something that will help my bolt on yosh cans? never have heard about this mod before. thanks

I just put on a full yosh system and a pcIIIusb with a custom map did not do marble mod or pair valve block off NO backfiring at all runs great

is this marble trick something for full aftermarket exhausts or is it something that will help my bolt on yosh cans? never have heard about this mod before. thanks
I have bolt-on yoshi.. (I never had much if any back fires at all) I did the mod to smooth the stumble out I had after I put the blot-ons on. and man what a diff.!!!

Old thread!
cool.gif

Oldie but goodie, i didnt know this.

Does any one have a pic?

I have yosh bolt ons and a backfire.

<!--EDIT|heavybusa
Reason for Edit: "retarded"|1145726941 -->

I cannot upload pics, bit there is a hose leading up to underneath the airbox on the right side-it is in the far right bottom corner. I just disconnected it, inserted marble and reconnected.

I will be making a donation in this threads favor. The backfires have ended and my girl is running smooth as water.

Here are some pics.

DSC01767.jpg

DSC01768.jpg

DSC01769.jpg

Back