Three Observations

05 Busa LE

Donating Member
Registered
I finally watched the MotoGP race last night (Dad taped it for me, since Comcast Cable thinks that city dwellers aren't interested in world-class motor racing), and had three observations:

1)  At the start of the race, Valentino got a terrible start (it looked as if he was in the wrong gear), and he drifted to the left and he and Nicky actually touched (Nicky had to put out his elbow to keep Valentino from running into him);

2)  After several laps, as Dani and Nicky (in that order) went past the start/finish and into the first corner, Dani lifted his left leg off of the peg and shook it in the air, then put it back on the peg.  He then moved far out of the way and Nicky made a nice, clean pass into the first corner (how 'bout them team orders, huh?); and

3)  At the end of the race, as Valentino rode past, he took Nicky's arm and gave him a big congratulations. What a class act on Val's part.

Great race (even though my Dad inadvertently cut out laps 10-16!), and tonight I'm going to watch the 250's!

It was an awesome race...and great sportsmanship. Forget football players, and basketball players as role models...I think Nicky should be on a Wheaties Box, and put MotoGP facts on the back...reading cereal boxes is right up there with browsing magazines on the toilet...never underestimate the little things that make life enjoyable, and influence kids.

beerchug.gif

You said it ....

Today, USA Today had a full-page ad from Honda in the first section, congratulating Nicky (and themselves!) for the Championship. I cut it out and taped it to my office wall.

Rossi is definately one of the most sportman gentleman types out there. You can clearly tell he rides because its fun, isn't afraid to admit it was his fault, and is probably the most graceful loser I've seen in that level of competition.

(Valium @ Nov. 03 2006,18:44) It was an awesome race...and great sportsmanship. Forget football players, and basketball players as role models...I think Nicky should be on a Wheaties Box, and put MotoGP facts on the back...reading cereal boxes is right up there with browsing magazines on the toilet...never underestimate the little things that make life enjoyable, and influence kids.

beerchug.gif
+1

Back