Thoughts on coolant resvoirs?

JeffSyh

Registered
So I am changing out the coolant resvoir on my c6 I just can not get it clean. A new stock one is around $140 but a nice aluminum one is around $500 usd. Think the cost is worth it?

Does the aluminum resivor have a window in it, to see the coolant level?
If not, no.
If yes, still no, as it's $500, and does nothing, except look cool...so yes, buy it...because it looks cool.
lol
If any part is worth it is always an opinion.
It would dress up under the hood.
I think more aluminum and ss is always better than more plastic, at least for looks.
Especially to go with the rest of the mods.
We are always here to encourage you to spend your money, lol

what aftermarket brand are u looking at? i had a canton overflow split on me. they replaced it for free but it could have been bad had i not caught it. without a sight glass you will need to be extra vigilant with fluid levels. if you need some extra capacity or you need to add some shine id stick with oem.

what aftermarket brand are u looking at? i had a canton overflow split on me. they replaced it for free but it could have been bad had i not caught it. without a sight glass you will need to be extra vigilant with fluid levels. if you need some extra capacity or you need to add some shine id stick with oem.

This is the one I was considering it has a site glass.

IMG_4003.png

IMG_4002.png

IMG_4005.png

This is the one I was considering it has a site glass.

Mine was pretty stock. What does your look like?

I ttied every trick or internet thing to clean my stock reservoir but it has just to man baffles and areas to get too. There is nothing wrong with it, it’s just unsightly.

I don’t remember what it looks like. Could you try this? Pour in a bunch of busted up walnut shells or something similar along with a lil soapy liquid and leave some air so the solution can be shaken and then shake the fool out of it for awhile. Do it in shifts. :laugh:

Back