those that have performed the" shortened std muffler mod

dddd

Registered
All those that have performed the" shortened std muffler mod" ,how loud is it under full throttle . I have seen the vids of it stationary ,but I have also found in the past that that sometimes has no bearing on how loud it is under load
How would it compare to the r77 slip ons louder or quieter
Also are any of you now experiencing burbling thru the exh when backing off
Did you loose any power or throttle response anywhere
Any feedback is really appreciated

As far as full throttle under load it does change the volume quite a bit, though it depends on how you do the mod. If you leave the first diverter plate in it is a little bit quieter than if you take out all of the guts. Either way it makes a lower tone with a deep rumble. If I had to guess I would put the db's in between 96 and maybe 101 at full throttle. I'm toying with the idea now of taking some perforated tubing and making a straight through baffle from the mid pipe to the exit (mine are completely hollow). Now I have not heard the R77 in person but I would think that a straight through cored muffler will sound just about like any other straight through cored muffler with the differences being in the length of the muffler itself as well as the packing material used and the size of the perforated core used. I also did the pair valve mod when I did my cans so no blurbing. As far as the power aspect goes if there is a gain or loss it is so minimal I dont notice anything, though I do remember noticing that it did seem to spool up quicker when I first did it. Now it just seems normal. I hope I have been helpfull any other questions feel free to pm me.

kind a with freponyryd.. felt like it picked up a lil down low. never had the chance to put it on the dyno again. def. gives a deeper tone. would be a good cheap mod to do to the bike.

I agree with the others, lower more than louder sound. The sound isnt real loud, but it sure does "fit" the bike better,(more like the way it should sound).

I didnn't specify earlier it does make it louder with a lower note, but its not so loud it drones in your helmet or makes it uncomfortable like just dropping the cans and midpipes all together. I tried that and hated it, though it did look nice with no cans it was just irritating to ride.

As far as full throttle under load it does change the volume quite a bit, though it depends on how you do the mod. If you leave the first diverter plate in it is a little bit quieter than if you take out all of the guts. Either way it makes a lower tone with a deep rumble. If I had to guess I would put the db's in between 96 and maybe 101 at full throttle. I'm toying with the idea now of taking some perforated tubing and making a straight through baffle from the mid pipe to the exit (mine are completely hollow). Now I have not heard the R77 in person but I would think that a straight through cored muffler will sound just about like any other straight through cored muffler with the differences being in the length of the muffler itself as well as the packing material used and the size of the perforated core used. I also did the pair valve mod when I did my cans so no blurbing. As far as the power aspect goes if there is a gain or loss it is so minimal I dont notice anything, though I do remember noticing that it did seem to spool up quicker when I first did it. Now it just seems normal. I hope I have been helpfull any other questions feel free to pm me.

I would be leaving the 1st baffle wall in place , I'm really like the appearance of the shortened muffler but was worried about being to loud

Back