This whole TRE full throttle thing

Fastmax32168

Registered
Does this thing add HP at full throttle or not? According to Ivans site (and the way I have come to understand the TRE) there is no way it could add HP because the factory retard only works at part throttle. Yet X-tre claims 15 hp in 2nd gear on the B-king, and Ryan at Schnitz says that the dyno chart is accurate. If so how does it add this HP? Somebody explain this to me because unless there is some other factor at work, I dont see how it could.
I understand its benefits at part throttle so no need to go into that. Inquiring minds want to know.
Roy

Well they make two versions of this.
the first one I know of will only show 4th gear on your indicator the other all gears.
The Idea is that the onboard computer once in 5the or 6 the gear will not let the RPM's go over 8000 leaving you over 3000 left to go.
The TRE or the other version trick the computer into thinking your in 4th and 4th gear has no RPM restiction.
HP gain some speed gain (if you need it for track) from the current MAX of 155MPH to about 181-182 depending on the other stuff your bike has on it.:drooling3:

Does this thing add HP at full throttle or not? According to Ivans site (and the way I have come to understand the TRE) there is no way it could add HP because the factory retard only works at part throttle. Yet X-tre claims 15 hp in 2nd gear on the B-king, and Ryan at Schnitz says that the dyno chart is accurate. If so how does it add this HP? Somebody explain this to me because unless there is some other factor at work, I dont see how it could.
I understand its benefits at part throttle so no need to go into that. Inquiring minds want to know.
Roy
Need to see a few things first (spark and fuel maps) but the likely scenario is that they have the tune-up softened up in the lower gears a bit to keep the bike a bit more civil for the "not so experienced" riders.

I am a TRE hugger. :laugh:

I like mine and it works for what I wanted it too...Takes the jumping and rough running out of the 1200 to 3500 rpm range.
Top speed resrtiction eliminated? ...I don't need that.
More HP? I can't see it or feel it.

I have the gi pro tre and i can chose to turn it off, on in 4th, on in 5th or on in 6th gear position(what it tells the bikes ecu) they recommend the 5th gear setting as it is the one that doesnt have the speed restriction...now what I have also noticed is the bike does in fact run better in lower rpm ranges in 1-3rd gear whn its on, but I aslo noticed my mpg drops about 2-3 miles per gallo verses when i dont use it...and I have 20,000 miles on the bike and keep track of everything I do....but at any rate reguardless of mpg speed restriction or not the real reason I bought it was because the gen on ehas no gear indicator at all and I like to know what gear I am in
:beerchug:

I sold my buddy mine till I could get a tune. We done some pulls in 3rd and 4th gear, him with the Tre and both bikes with the exact same mods. He would pull away from me hard and keep the advantage till we backed out. In 5th and 6th there was no advantage. I am sure that in 1st and 2nd there would also be that more advanced timing advantage. but you can't keep the front down in the first two gears. Hope this helps and he is on here under the name Pitbull.

Guys,

I'm going to clean up a few off-topic posts here. The OP asked some legitimate questions. If you can answer his questions and/or discuss the topic fine, otherwise please refrain from posting in the thread.

Remember we are talking about a B-king. Fastmax, there is a chance that the B-King is limited a bit different then what was done with the 99-07 busa most have experience with. From everything I have seen Ivans site is correct but does it apply to the B-king. We know there are a few other things they did to reduce the power a bit and I could see where they could have easily taken a bit across the board in the ECU tuning in lower gears.

Oooohhhhh... so you guys think just cause I ride on the little yellow cheesebox bus and wear a hockey helmet I'm retarted?
You guys think I used a modified GPS (Global Pos. System?) :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Modified GPS is (Gear Position Sensor) No TRE!

And here is a link on how to do it. I did it myself, but you guys will prolly have to have yer Dealer do it! :whistle:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/engine-performance-mods/51191-gps-gear-position-sensor-mod.html

I am sure you were not alone on that bus.
Love the bike but the guy who drew this thing as a production model must have been sitting somewere next to you.
the most simple job on this bike is a pain in the butt, and velco who the hell holds a bike together with velco.:laugh:

I am sure you were not alone on that bus.
Love the bike but the guy who drew this thing as a production model must have been sitting somewere next to you.
the most simple job on this bike is a pain in the butt, and velco who the hell holds a bike together with velco.:laugh:

OK, let me in on the joke. What the hell are you guys talking about?

Back